Headphone Stands
Mar 24, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #46 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Extreme, eh? I wouldn't expect any less from Fitz
tongue.gif
. Do keep us posted. It sounds very interesting.

Maybe, maybe not. Some recent posts have me rethinking how much I will actually post about my own stuff in the regular forums. I can PM the pictures if I do get it, though.

Mar 24, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #47 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe, maybe not. Some recent posts have me rethinking how much I will actually post about my own stuff in the regular forums. I can PM the pictures if I do get it, though.

AKG thieves on the loose?
basshead.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #49 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by snowball_rx-7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG thieves on the loose?
basshead.gif

What?
blink.gif

No, just tired of always having to justify having the headphones I own, prove that my impressions of gear are actually valid, and getting tons of stupid PMs from people who expect me to sell them my stuff for cheap (that I'm not even selling in the first place) or ask me "lolz what akg r right 4 me???" type questions. This'll teach me to have fun with my hobby and publicly poke fun at myself for how ridiculous it may look to some people.
rolleyes.gif

And I'm not saying anymore on it in this thread, because this is a headphone stand thread. Maybe I'll post pictures here afterall if I get the stand system made.

Mar 25, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #50 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by KTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Sennheiser holders...

headphoneholder320.jpg

My favourite so far - very neat
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #51 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TBH i actually don't know who made it... i bought it at some kitchen store in Las Vegas Outlet Mall or something like that, the place was pretty huge (the outlet, not the kitchen store, although they did have quite a bit of stuff).

it was only $12 too!
biggrin.gif
sorry i couldn't be of more help... i'll see if i can find anything and post it up if i do

I assume you are talking about the Belz Factory Outlet World (Las Vegas Blvd + Warm Springs). The only kitchen store I can think of with exception to Mikasa is the "Kitchen Collection". I'm sure they've got banana stands there. (home=las vegas, go there every time I have a vacation from school.)

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #52 of 348
I built mine- Wanted a place to store my tubes!
600smile.gif

stand.jpg

stand_side.jpg

Mar 25, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #55 of 348
I'm sure my mother has a cutting board just like that! Very creative and beautiful setup! I like, very much!

What do you drive with your amp? This is all slightly new to me and so I'm wondering, do people attach tuners, portable cd players, what, to their headphone amps?

thanks,

John

Mar 25, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #56 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure my mother has a cutting board just like that! Very creative and beautiful setup! I like, very much!

What do you drive with your amp? This is all slightly new to me and so I'm wondering, do people attach tuners, portable cd players, what, to their headphone amps?

thanks,

John

I have a CD player, Squeezebox 3, and my soundcard hooked up to my headphone/speaker system at my desk.

Mar 26, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #57 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4icn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I built mine- Wanted a place to store my tubes!
600smile.gif

Wow. It's sort of analogous to really good home cooked food. You just can't buy anything like that!

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #58 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you drive with your amp? This is all slightly new to me and so I'm wondering, do people attach tuners, portable cd players, what, to their headphone amps? John

I use this little amplifier just for my headphones. I currently have Sennheiser HD-600's. There is a sound from tube amplifiers I really love. It really gives a smooth warm feeling. My source is a USB X-Fi sound card and direct drivers on my laptop. You would be amazed at the difference a good amplifier makes on a pair of headphones! Just because they are loud, doesn't mean that are putting out their full sound. Most home stereos or portable electronics have weak, cheap amps in them and cause distortion or are not amplifying all tones evenly.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. It's sort of analogous to really good home cooked food. You just can't buy anything like that!

lol!
600smile.gif
Lots of people tell me it looks like a cutting board! I'm sure they don't use cedar wood though. Adds just a hint of wood to that tube flavor. (that and the extra glue adds flavor too.
blink.gif
)

Mar 26, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #59 of 348
I was digging the mannequin head thing as it would go with my contemporary decor quite nicely, but I can't help but think that over time it would make the headphones conform to the shape of the mannequin head vs my own head. Am I just over analyzing this?

In my quest for a stand I am thinking that I want something that does not put stress on the parts of the phones that touch my head. In other words nothing should be touching the headband nor the earpads. It seems that the current offerings all put stress on at least the headband, and the mannequin idea puts stress on both the headband and the earpads.

The final thing that I want is some sort of cable management... but that's a want as opposed to a deal breaker.

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #60 of 348
I usually just put my headphones on my DAC as shown in my avatar. Nice thing about grados is you can lay them flat on a table. We'll see what sort of arrangement I'll come to with the imminent arrival of the HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back