Headphone Stand
Jan 23, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #61 of 89
latest email from Jan:

"Today I was able to contact the company that distributed the
headphone stand. The representative told me that production of
this stand has been discontinued quite a while ago. There is no
stock left."

oh well, we're out of luck. if anyone discovers stands for sale, let us unhappy folk know...

Jan 23, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #63 of 89
That stax stand does look cool. I might have to pick it up if we cant find those badass ones akira has found.. Thanks a bunch for putting so much effort into following up on that akira. You are a blessing to this community. You all are really great, i cannot compliment this forum enough.. Its packed jam full of great people dedicated to helping each other.

Jan 24, 2003 at 9:06 AM Post #64 of 89
I have a Chieftec computer case with a door that covers the drive bays. I usually just leave the door open and hang my HD280s on it when I'm not using them. The headband rests on the top of the door lightly enough that there is no indentation made in the padding.

Jan 24, 2003 at 9:26 AM Post #65 of 89
These may work as long as the base is heavy enough to support a headphone hanging on the rack.
organizeeverything1_1723_20026179
iron-decor_1722_27205062

EBSCS.jpg

Jan 24, 2003 at 5:57 PM Post #66 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
I just cover it with a rubber hood, the one used in the blinds handles sold in home depot, is white but what can I do, this way the headband of your CD3000 will not suffer....

Still not sure of what you mean by a while blind handle.. I see it in the picture... but while I haven't been to Home Depot yet, I still can't imagine what I'd be looking for...

Is it some sort of tubing?

Jan 26, 2003 at 7:19 AM Post #67 of 89
The vertical blinds sold in Home Depot came with handles sometimes, instead of chains or cords, these handles are a long straight metal tubes of about 3/8" and on the end that is supposed you handle, they cover the tube with these white tubbings, which end is blind and rounded to protect your hand, on my office they put some of these and I called Home Depot becasue one of them was missing, I just say that 3 of them were missing and they send me two more, total of three I installed the one missing and bring home the rest as spare, but I found another use for it....

Jan 27, 2003 at 4:20 AM Post #69 of 89
akar, i like that towl rack idea, i think ill have to hit up Bed, Bath & Beyond this week, esp since i got one of their annoying but useful coupons in the mail.

that first rack is basically what i had in mind anyway, thanks for the inspiration!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #70 of 89
you know, i got mine from office depot:

fceb5605.jpg

it's actually a coat rack, but the cool thing is is that it comes in 3 sections,... so you can make it as high as you want. in the picture, i only used 2 sections, so it goes about waist high from the ground.... but you can use it on your desk too if you take off a section. office depot also has tons of coupons.... so you can get it for cheap.

Jan 28, 2003 at 3:26 AM Post #72 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
you know, i got mine from office depot:

fceb5605.jpg

it's actually a coat rack, but the cool thing is is that it comes in 3 sections,... so you can make it as high as you want. in the picture, i only used 2 sections, so it goes about waist high from the ground.... but you can use it on your desk too if you take off a section. office depot also has tons of coupons.... so you can get it for cheap.

This is the best idea for headphone stand I've seen yet. I've got multiple headphones, and that looks perfect.

Jan 29, 2003 at 1:49 PM Post #73 of 89
Orpheus-
That looks great. I checked Office Depot online and they didnt seem to have the model you got inventoried . I did find one by "Eldon" at Staples and Office Max that looks like yours. It has the round 15" base. Any way for you to check the manufacturer?
Thanks!
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back