Headphone Stand
Jan 29, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #76 of 89
Jan 30, 2003 at 4:12 PM Post #77 of 89
I ordered the coat stand from Office Depot yesterday and it arrived this morning...took 10 mins to assemble and it's really a beauty. Thanks so much this suggestion...it really makes for a perfect "listening nook", a nice way to display them and has got to be better on the cans than storing them under the TV stand.

stand2.jpg

Jan 30, 2003 at 4:42 PM Post #78 of 89
hello all,

It was so pity that the beautiful stands are not on production.
maybe I'll visit the Hi-Fi shop where I bought the stand on this Saturday. If somebody would like me to purchase the stand, and if there is a stock avairable, I can work. I think only the round one (the first one) can be their stock.

Note that I can accept wire transfer to my German bank account only. Stand itself costs 50EUR. + shipping (arround 40 to US?), etc.

It's just a chance. No guaranty. I may be suddenly busy on Saturday.

When you understand all, PM me.

Jan 30, 2003 at 6:31 PM Post #79 of 89
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
Akira,

the two you've shown us are amazing.

Hay nanahachi, I think the Headphone stand that is your Avatar is quite nice
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #80 of 89
holy thread resurrection batman!
eek.gif

Picture018.jpg

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jul 18, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #81 of 89
As we speak, I'm getting my "custom" headphone stand CNCed. I drew up the design on CAD and made it to accomodate two cans. I'll post pictures after I get the metals back from the machinist.

Jul 18, 2004 at 11:25 PM Post #82 of 89
If any of you know a hobbiest woodworker you could get him to make you something similar to the IQ stand. Would cost you about $10 in scrap lumber for the two jigs. And then figuring the base as 6" x 10" x 1/2" thick, and the top hoop as 8" tall, 3" deep and 1/4" thick, the lumber would cost about $10 (using walnut as the base and maple as the hoop, because I like walnut and maple). Add in $5 for the epoxy and $5 for the finish, and you've got yourself a nice headphone stand for $30 worth of goods (and only $20 for the next one, since you've already got the jig).

Add in a half case of beer to pay for the labour.

Jul 20, 2004 at 6:38 AM Post #83 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkamus
As we speak, I'm getting my "custom" headphone stand CNCed. I drew up the design on CAD and made it to accomodate two cans. I'll post pictures after I get the metals back from the machinist.

Cool, please do post pics when you have recieved the metals back. Can't hardly wait to see it.

Jul 20, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #84 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Cool, please do post pics when you have recieved the metals back. Can't hardly wait to see it.

It probably won't be for another week or two. As it stands my order is on the machinist "low priority" list. He just got something from a big corporation to do or something like that. So he has to finish that first.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #85 of 89
I'm quite new at this headphone stuff so my setup cannot even compare to what some of you have.....but here's a picture of where i hang my 2 weeks old Ultrasones. Works quite well for me and only $6 BUCKAROO's at your local target store. Should be located in the bath section under towel hooks.  There are longer hooks that you can buy especially for the headphones that don't fold so that cups don't rub against the wall.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #86 of 89
haha yeah, those glass heads seem like a great idea then i think "ehhh it's a glass head..."

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #89 of 89
Show some love for more stylish and functional headphone stands that you've converted from other items! I'm in the market for one to handle both my sets in one stand, rather than going for separate ones. Any additional ideas? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back