Headphone Savior Case
Jun 8, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #31 of 40
What color is the inside of the charcoal case? Really thinking about picking this case up, but a little worried about interior visibility for the charcoal color.

20200608_132112.jpg

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jun 8, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #32 of 40
Your headphones are in material danger. They need a Savior!

What!? Where are the dual outside pockets for hand sanitizer? Where is the expadable flap pocket for masks? Totally bogus, dude! :D

Looks like a nice case. I read on Modhouse's website they maybe didn't have a good supply of cases. Maybe you guys can work out a deal? :wink:

Jun 8, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #33 of 40
Interesting, I was actually asking around looking for something that looks like a carry bag, but a headphone case with well thought out compartments inside.

This one looks more like a camera bag than anything else. I was hoping for a more secure headphone fit type bag that prevents banging around inside. Or keeps it from moving much inside. It would be also nice to have a compartment to fit a transportable source DAC/Amp.

I mean more like a typical headphone carrying case (they fit the contours better) in the interior with exterior compartments with a carrying strap.

Thomann has some choices. I settled on one of the house brand cases that is made in India out of pretty nice materials. Thick nylon, big zippers. Strap with hooks. Does not hold big headphones very well though, sized for stuff like HD 25s. I can put a pair of HD 600s in there without panicking. A pair of Fostex go in but not comfortably. I'm not carrying them around, they stay in my drawers. But they're made for carrying.

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #37 of 40
I'm sure you can get pretty good options if Camera Bag is searched, and perhaps one with a divider strap as well. If one has a divider strap, then there wouldn't be hardly difference from Dekoni. Even if there wasn't a divider strap, is that divider really serving that much of purpose? Headphone will move around with so much room around it still.

It's nice to have these compact bags to use with other general usage for carrying things when put and about. A man purse. I like having something with compartments so that I can carry a lot of stuff with me, but small and light.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #38 of 40
@DekoniAudio, can the ifi iDSD Micro Black Label fit in the outer pouches? Or would you have to try to use the second divider to hide it in the main compartment?

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #40 of 40
Seconding @elira's comments, I should have read more closely before buying --- the ZMF Atticus does not fit well even with all dividers (middle and bottom) taken out. The headband pops out of the top and it's a slight stretch to zip it all in, which probably makes the top mesh compartment unusable. I do very much like the extra padding, but I can't see keeping this for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back