Headphone Savior Case
Jun 5, 2020 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40
Your headphones are in material danger. They need a Savior!

DSC_0138.jpg

Developed after using tons of cases to bring our headphones safely to many different trade shows, we created a list of pros and cons, needs and wants.

The Problem
The existing cases we used looked cool, but they did not fit our largest headphones, had little to offer in the way of organization, and did not have very much impact protection. They also used semi-hard shells, which gave a false sense of crush protection, except they would still be crushed if you sat on them, and had very little padding to offer in the way of impact-absorbing cushioning. They were basic clamshells. Our headphones were getting scratched, dinged up, and cracked. The first party manufacturers cases had more to offer in the way of organization, and of course, they fit the headphones perfectly, but they still suffered from irregular sizing and often were too big and heavy, and had to be left behind. They also did not look very modern, just plastic cubes and pods.

Protection
With a name like Headphone Savior, this case had better have good protection right? The best part about this case is the overbuilt, super thick padding that lines the interior of the bag, excellent for drop protection (check out our video for a demonstration of just how good!). The case is splash resistant. The main inner pocket is lined with a soft fabric to prevent scratches, and there are semi-rigid Velcro dividers to keep things from rattling around. While the case is not recommended to be used as a footstool, it should withstand the rigors of being placed inside of luggage, strapped on the outside of a backpack, or carried by hand.
CharcoalSavior.jpg
DSC_0166.jpg
DSC_0151.jpg
DSC_0168.jpg
Organization
The large main pocket is big enough to hold huge headphones like those from Focal or Audeze, and yet the aforementioned Velcro dividers can help customize the interior of the bag to fit the headphones snuggly. The two accessory pockets serve different purposes too; the outer pocket is great for holding music players or small amplifiers, while the mesh zippered pocket on the inside of the lid is great for quickly seeing cable adapters and ear tips. When you are not using your headphones, you can easily store an entire system in this one grab and go product.

Transportation
With everything in one place, the headphone Savior makes it easy to ferry those headphones considered more “transportable” than portable. You can use the handle, included shoulder strap, or the sewn-on loop to run it through a belt strap or lash it to the outside of a backpack. The understated clean looks don’t scream tech wizardry, but with a simple, civil, modern aesthetic and a neutral ash or dark charcoal color, the Savior matches the look of modern everyday backpacks and other pouches.

Availability
The headphone saviors design is finalized and our first shipments have just arrived! MSRP will be $59.99 on DekoniAudio.com, or our other fine distributors and retailers worldwide.

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jun 5, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 40
1-Minute Overview Video:

A Deep Dive video looking at the features and protective qualities of this case:

Thanks @Evshrug for filming this overview!

@M3NTAL You should check this video out! There is a front zipper pocket (great for DAPs), mesh zipper pocket inside the lid (great for adapters or different cables, quick identification), a "molle like" strap on the back, and it comes with another velcro divider that comes stock velcro'd along the bottom of the case... but you can also velcro it a bit higher to act as a "false floor" or shelf for stashing less used items, or get creative with other arrangements as shown in the video.

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jun 5, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 40
smaller logo would have been much appreciated

Jun 5, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 40
...so you found a manufacturer that made lunch bags and thought, “Hey, we can turn this in to a headphone case!”.

😀
LOL. But it does look useful and the price is good. Put it on my list to grab one when i get my new cans.

Jun 5, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 40
I think I'd like to see a lockable zipper, even if it's the little TSA loops.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 40
Interesting, I was actually asking around looking for something that looks like a carry bag, but a headphone case with well thought out compartments inside.

This one looks more like a camera bag than anything else. I was hoping for a more secure headphone fit type bag that prevents banging around inside. Or keeps it from moving much inside. It would be also nice to have a compartment to fit a transportable source DAC/Amp.

I mean more like a typical headphone carrying case (they fit the contours better) in the interior with exterior compartments with a carrying strap.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 40
But, can Hifiman headphones survive if dropped inside this?

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #13 of 40
...so you found a manufacturer that made lunch bags and thought, “Hey, we can turn this in to a headphone case!”.

😀

The superman of carrying case....

"During the weekday, it just an every day lunch box, it'll hold your happy meals or even keep your beer cold but in the weekend, get ready to go to your favorite geeks meet and bring your $2000+ headset...Get Phat and Rock on Nerds.

-Dekoni"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back