Headphone Sale on Amazon- Beyerdynamic DT770 for $126
Nov 1, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #211 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Always liked Beyers with metal better, and now closed version that sounds like open brother. I am in heaven!
dt880smile.png

Argh....you're killing me! I'm still waiting on mine to come in...chose free shipping because I'm cheap.

Nov 1, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #212 of 278
I don't get it, is there a new model on the horizon I just don't know about?

Nov 1, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #213 of 278
I just got them and I'm trying them out. Driving these without an amp has not been a problem at all, I just turned up the volume a couple of notches using my onboard (Realtek ALC888) sound. I can also run these off my sansa clip even though the volume is at 80%.

These are not bass monsters, at all. I'm coming from a pair of HD212pros so I'm used to skull rattling bass taking center stage. These phones are the exact opposite, I hear a lot more detail on the upper and midrange while the bass is in the background. For example right now I'm listening to Head Down by Soundgarden, There is a lot of cymbals being hit during the song which I have never noticed before and the guitar is far more detailed meanwhile I can barely make out the bassline.

They are really comfortable and light but also pretty large, I don't really know if I've adjusted them right since my ears can fit into the cans fine at 3 different height adjustments.

Even though these are more detailed, the music feels kinda grainy and distant but that could be the weakness of my source.

Nov 1, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #215 of 278
*puts credit card to his wrist

Someone tell me to buy it right now and I will. I swear to god I will!

But first - seriously, is there a newer version coming out?

Nov 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #216 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayman2k2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*puts credit card to his wrist

And pulls back sharply .....

Quote:

Someone tell me to buy it right now and I will. I swear to god I will!

Buy them. Buy them. You are getting sleepy. You are logging in. You are now placing the order. You have now bought them. Now, when you hear the music playing you will wake up and not remember any of this. You will simply sit back and enjoy.
floatsmile.png

Quote:

But first - seriously, is there a newer version coming out?

Does it really matter?

Nov 2, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #218 of 278
Fook, went up? Waiting for it to go down more. Haha.

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #220 of 278
I don't think these are going to work for me, a decent amp would cost about the same amount as these headphones.

I'll probably go back to my original plan of getting some SR80s. I might sell these now that the price went back up.

Nov 3, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #224 of 278
At $180 they are a decent deal. At $100 they are (OK, were - sorry to all the folks who missed out) a great deal. But cheer up, if Amazon brought the price down once, they may very well do so again closer to the holidays. So start saving those pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back