Headphone Sale on Amazon- Beyerdynamic DT770 for $126
Oct 28, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #91 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price is now $108!

Now I feel silly for buying them at $113
smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't feel silly. Just know that you have piece of mind for getting them before they sell out. A lot of people will keeping gambling for the price to hit bottom and they will miss out on the deal because amazon will sell out or jack the price back up.
You know what, I think I'm one of those people. I better go ahead and pull the trigger.
popcorn.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #92 of 278
man damn, I'm still really wondering if I wanna buy in on these! It's a great deal, but I don't know if I really need a pair of these...

Very curious about what I can expect from them. It seems there have been a lot of iterations of this headphone and some of them sound different.

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #93 of 278
Yes, could someone be clear about this version that is for sale on Amazon. Is it the same as the '05 version? Also, I already have the DT150, am I crazy to even consider these phones?

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #94 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone get one of these for me and ship them to Canada? I'll pay everything needed to get them here!

Pretty please!
redface.gif

My service charge is $100.
popcorn.gif

No, seriously. I'd help you if I lived in the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, just think of how silly all of the readers of this post are who still don't buy them at $108! Seriously, who wouldn't have a use for a decent pair of closed headphones at that price?

Literally, millions of people are passing up on that deal every day, and none of them feel silly about it.

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #95 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, could someone be clear about this version that is for sale on Amazon. Is it the same as the '05 version? Also, I already have the DT150, am I crazy to even consider these phones?

It is the '05 version that is on sale on Amazon, yes.

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #97 of 278
By the way, Amazon has a 30-day price drop guarantee, so go ahead and ask for a price difference refund from them if you bought them at higher prices previously.
biggrin.gif

edit: Oh what, they discontinued this? And didn't add it to Prime? Bah, that's news to me.

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #98 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's without the $10 discount - guess that takes it down to $93 with it!

No, no, no. The DT 770s were $113.77 when I bought. So using the Bill Me Now option got it down to $103.77. If you say they are $108.08 now then adding the Bill Me Now would drop the price to $98.08. Now THAT's a steal!!!

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #99 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by sithlord32786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't feel silly. Just know that you have piece of mind for getting them before they sell out. A lot of people will keeping gambling for the price to hit bottom and they will miss out on the deal because amazon will sell out or jack the price back up.
You know what, I think I'm one of those people. I better go ahead and pull the trigger.
popcorn.gif

Great point. A few dollars shouldn't be a deal breaker when the DT 700s are priced this low. I don't feel bad getting mine at $103 (with Bill Me Later) since I'll be enjoying them far sooner than anyone who waits - if they don't, as you point out, wait too long. My suggestion, buy em now folks.

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #100 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man damn, I'm still really wondering if I wanna buy in on these! It's a great deal, but I don't know if I really need a pair of these...

Very curious about what I can expect from them. It seems there have been a lot of iterations of this headphone and some of them sound different.

With sufficient amplification they are sterling - far superior than any $100 headphone has a right to be (yeah, I know they list for $350 or something, but shoot). I don't think you can approach this quality of sound for this price. I don't know if BD is closing out this model or what, but if you're interested at all, take the plunge. I've now gotten both the AKG 501 and the BD DT770 for less than $125 each and couldn't be happier with both cans.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #101 of 278
I wonder how the DT770 2005 and ESW9 compare. I love my ESW9's, but unfortunately supraural design just isn't my cup of tea.

I need something than can handle rock and pop with ease but also can shine with classical.

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #104 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by turboflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought one, my first audiophile quality headphones!
beyersmile.png

woot!

Now I have to start saving for an amp.

Congrats! If you have a receiver or integrated with a headphone jack, these will work quite well out of that depending, of course, on your source.

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #105 of 278
Less then a week after ordering, and two (business) days after receiving the "they've shipped" e-mail my DT 700s arrived. Burning in right now.

Just a side note, while both my Headroom Total Bithead and Headroom Portable Micro Amp w/DAC can drive these cans, the extra juice from the Micro goes a long way toward more believable sound. So if you're considering these I'd suggest you be sure you have a relatively powerful amp (either portable or stand alone) to make these headphones shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back