Headphone Rig Pictures
May 26, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
Am I the only one not able to view Jude's photos? For some reason the text comes up in his first post, but the photos don't. I'm using FireFox if that helps anyone explain away my ignorance if it's my fault.

Im not getting the photos either. Just some very nice looking x's.

Maybe there is a photo hosting problem?

Regards,
Dan

Nov 10, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #32 of 42
Alive from the dead! Sorry if another is already in existence, but this was the only thread that my seach turned up.

Anyways, here is my humble home setup, with the Oehlbach cables hiding while I test out these Clou Blue's
smily_headphones1.gif

P1010031.jpg

Nov 10, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #35 of 42
RKV with impedanizer with NAD and RS-1s...dang nice office. i think on a budget i've been trying to get what that entails - but instead i have...

Solo vs. RKV/Imp
Tushi vs. NAD
SR-200 vs RS-1

Of course mine is my home rig, not a temp office setup. Nice!

Nov 11, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #36 of 42
Geez, I didn't notice how old this thread was. I was getting all excited seeing Jude post so much, then realized how long ago it was that he had time to post that often here.
frown.gif

Here is the only photo I have of my rig. But, it doesn't show the CD player. There is no way to show the player and amp in the same shot.
tongue.gif

2101MOH_RS1-med.jpg

Nov 11, 2004 at 8:06 AM Post #37 of 42
Here's my RKV + HD650. Yes, that's a Clou Red hooked up to the 650 - Senn abuse you say? More like neck abuse
biggrin.gif
Just wanted to try something different, sonically. The unpictured Jolida JD100a driving them is just off on the left (man that this is hard to photograph with its shiney aluminum face plate). Also, there is a Cardas'd hd600 that is hiding over with the Jolida. More pictures of my stuff in the head-fi members gallery:
http://photo.head-fi.org/showgallery...00&ppuser=4479

4479DSCF0016.jpg

Dec 5, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #38 of 42
Headphone%20Rig.jpg

An EMU 0404 digital output drives a Behringer DCX2496 feeding some Stax (thru SRM006t) and an HD650 (thru Grace 901). An obsoleted Yamaha DP-U50 serves as a headphone stand. Identical, secondary seating lies offscreen facing the fireplace. Two comfortable chairs and headphones - one each for the wife and myself. Our entire music collection is remotely accessible via the PDA, in APE format.

She's never tried them on yet.

Dec 6, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhenderson010759
Here , a EMU 0404 digital output drives a Behringer DCX2496 feeding some Stax (thru SRM006t) and an HD650 (thru Grace 901). An obsoleted Yamaha DP-U50 serves as a headphone stand. Identical, secondary seating lies offscreen facing the fireplace. Two comfortable chairs and headphones - one each for the wife and myself. Our entire music collection is remotely accessible via the PDA, in APE format.

She's never tried them on yet.

That is just the coolest system I have ever seen. Sounds very user friendly, and those great chairs. Nice of you to set it up to include your wife. Maybe she will give it a try soon.

Dec 6, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #40 of 42
Yamaha DP-U50 as just a headphone stand? That's a cool use!

And you have a 0404 plugged into your EQ somewhere? That must be one long cord from your computer to your EQ!

Dec 6, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #41 of 42
The TosLink cable is about 20 feet or so from CablesToGo. Very nice build quality and price.

Actually, the 0404 is indistinguishable from the Yamaha in this application since they only deliver SP/DIF data to the DCX. Both have been verified to provide bit-perfect outputs. I do not have comparative jitter specifications, but I can't distinguish the two in AB tests.

So, perhaps the next time I need a sound card for one of the kid's PCs, I'll yank the EMU and reduce some cable clutter (since I already route USB to the Yamaha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back