Headphone recommendation for both Office and Studio for busy Journalist?
Jan 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Dragoon47

Head-Fier
[size=small]My partner is a journalist and has to use the standard office pass me around headphones for up to 6 hours a session cutting in voice and on the odd occasion some music. [/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]The interviews and sound quality can vary widely and subsequently the quality of the headphones or lack of can affect her concentration?[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Therefore this is the best place to ask for a recommendation for a headphone regarding the above with an emphasis on quality, comfort and the ability to cut out or reduce back ground noise?[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Looking for a recommendation for a headphone for the above at no more than $250 if possible?[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Thank you[/size]

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 10
Do they need an on-board mic?

I think the V-Moda M80 would be great.  They are small, fit very comfortably, sound amazing for the price, and are built very well.  They do have an on-board mic just in case you want to use it.  They cut out background noise pretty well for an on-ear headphone, but are tremendously great at completely reducing it.  The problem with noise canceling headphones is that the basic circuitry involved interferes with the signal and can really make music listening unpleasant.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 10
The ATH--M50 is uncomfortable for me after only about half an hour, so I'd avoid it. You may want to look into the Fischer Audio FA-003, which blocks out almost all outside noise, is very light on your head, and feels almost like you're wearing pillows on your ears.

Sincerely,

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 10
ssrock64

Thank you very much for the tip and will add to the list to consider, not sure what is in my girlfriends office as the standard pass me around headphone but its about time she had her own set.

Cheer's

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 10
I am wonder if her office does use headphones like Beyer DT100/DT150, I see many European studios have them as standard. If that is the case, the sound quailty of the headphones are already rather good, comfort is debatable, but the slightly loose fit works well for long sessions.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #8 of 10
The DT770M seems to be a DT770/80 with in-line volume control and pleather pads. I am rather positive that the normal DT770/250 will sound better.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 10
Plus they add additional dampening to attenuate more noise--I've never heard anyone say they sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back