Headphone Meetup Cincinnati/Dayton January 12th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #92 of 93
When you get d1, could you please help me to check if there is a switch on the bottom to adjust the working voltage?
Sure thing.

I just got off the phone with a representative and they see that the shipment just says pending. However, they also said that the package was already delivered to the original address (my work address) that has someone staffed at the receiving area the entire time during working hours. The Fedex representative said it was delivered at 11:13 AM; basically when someone was staffing that area. I went and talked to our facilities guy and he said no shipment came in.
Now Fedex is opening an investigation into where my package is. They said they would contact the driver and get back to me today.

I'm getting nervous now because this is what happens when a package is stolen or missing. Fingers crossed it can be found.

Jan 16, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #93 of 93
When you get d1, could you please help me to check if there is a switch on the bottom to adjust the working voltage?
It seems like there is. I don't want to remove the sticker because I have a weird thing about keeping my products factory fresh. It feels like there is a switch below the sticker.
Also I had no idea my table was so dirty... It looks so much worse in the picture lol
IMG_0588.jpeg

Hey...i was thinking of upgrading my schiit bifrost uber to this dac for the hd800 and th900.

how do you like it so far? would you say its worth the buy?
I got it hooked up to the Liquid Platinum last night and first impressions are quite positive. The build quality is off the charts. It's machined well and feels like a tank. It's also quite good looking IMO.
It's too early to really say how it sounds... It does sound really detailed; as it should. I don't notice a huge difference off the Soekris but my initial thought was that the bass seemed more present. At first, I was thinking that it sounded a bit warmer than the Soekris which sounds clinically neutral/flat to my ears. I was using an Ether 2 last night which I've had for less than a week. I really need to listen to my Aeon to get a better idea of it.
Also, connecting it to a more neutral amp than the Liquid Platinum could help me get a better idea of how it sounds. I'd love to hear it off of a THX 789 but I don't have one.

Considering the sound is no worse than my beloved Soekris (it could be better), I'd say it was worth the buy. I bought it from Massdrop for $900. The Soekris (used) was $1100.

I think it'd be a nice step up from the Bifrost. The Bifrost measures terribly but I've only heard one once and it wasn't connected to an amp I had heard before so I don't really have an opinion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back