1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Headphone Meetup Cincinnati/Dayton January 12th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7
Next

Last
  1. Schwibbles
    Can't wait to hear it. I've been debating getting one to complement the Liquid Platinum so it will be awesome to compare.

I'll post an updated list of all the gear I'll be bringing later this week but I recently got the InEarz Zen 2 and AKG N5005 in so I'll definitely be bringing those.
    EDIT: Both sound excellent. It's amazing how far IEMs have come the past few years.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Condocondor likes this.
  2. Condocondor
    deleted

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  3. FunctionalDoc
    I looked a the weather forecast for Sat. and thye are calling for 4 inches of snow starting early in the morning. I hope the weather forecasters are wrong.

Please bring an extension cord and a power strip for your equipment.

No Glenn OTL but Bunnycraig is going to bring his GOTL for our listening experience.

Lets all do our snow go away dance for Sat.

Rick

Condocondor likes this.
  4. buke9
    The snow has me a bit concerned it will be a wait and see before I make the 3 hr trip.

Condocondor likes this.
  5. Schwibbles
    From what I've heard it's supposed to be a few inches over the course of the day and into Sunday. With snow falling that slowly, I'm hoping the roads will just be wet; especially if they're pre-treated. Fingers crossed that the forecast turns in our favor.
    Anyway, hope you'll be able to make it @buke9

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Condocondor likes this.
  6. Condocondor
    Forecast calls for a high of 33 degrees during the day and 28 degrees at night on Saturday. The highways will likely just remain just wet and sloppy though not icy.

Schwibbles likes this.
  7. timb5881
    I will still plan on going. My wife had neck surgery last week, and if she feels up to it, she will come. In the event the roads are bad, I will follow up with a post.

8. Schwibbles
    I should be there regardless if the roads are bad. If the forecast gets much worse, I'll just throw the winter tires on the car and plow ahead.

As promised, here's my updated listed of what I should be bringing

Headphones:
    MrSpeakers Ether 2 - expected delivery is tomorrow so I should have them for the meet
    Audeze LCD-MX4
    MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed
    Fostex x Massdrop TR-X00 Purpleheart
    Sennheiser HD700
    Sennheiser HD600
    Sennheiser PXC550
    Sony WH-1000XM3

IEMs:
    AKG N5005
    InEarz Zen 2
    FLC 8S
    Massdrop EDC3
    Tin Audio T2
    Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless
    Zolo Liberty+

DACs/Amps:
    Soekris dac1541
    ifi micro iDSD Black Label
    Oppo HA-2SE
    Monoprice Liquid Platinum
    Monoprice Liquid Spark
    Darkvoice 336SE
    SVS Prime Wireless Soundbase
    PS Audio Sprout100

Unfortunately, the SMSL VMV D1 DAC that I ordered won't be here in time for the meet. For those going to the Louisville meet at the beginning of March, I should have it then.

For anyone wanting to try IEMs, please bring tips that you like as most of the ones I'm bringing have a pretty standard bore size. The EDC3 have a narrower bore, similar to that of Shure.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    BunnyNamedCraig likes this.
  9. Schwibbles
    Well I just got a shipping notification for the VMV D1 DAC. Now supposed to be in on Friday! Looks like I'll be bringing that too!

Condocondor likes this.
  10. JabenZ
    Thank you for holding the event. I can bring Sennheiser HD800S, HD820, HDV820,Quad era-1and hifiman HE560v3.

BunnyNamedCraig likes this.
  11. Condocondor
    I'm so sorry to report that I will NOT be coming due to winter weather advisory here in Fort Wayne and down there in Dayton, OH. I so wanted to be there but I don't want to borrow trouble with slippery roads, etc. I will be at your next event for sure and will be watching here on Head-fi for the future meet-up posting. Thank you for putting this event together anyway. I know you locals will have a fun, fun, time!

12. JabenZ
    The snow maybe a concern. I already packed my gears.I will confirm that whether I can make the meet or not till 7 am tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Condocondor likes this.
  13. timb5881
    Sorry but I can not make it as well. Took my wife into the doctor today and he is holding her overnight at the hospital so I can not leave her by herself.

Condocondor likes this.
  14. FunctionalDoc
    There are 4-5 locals and one from Pittsburgh . We will be there this morning.

15. JabenZ
    I am on my way. See you guys around 10.

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.