Headphone for Metal/Rock
Jun 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SoNiC1170

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I'm gonna change my mp3 and my headphone.
I used Sony NW-A1200 with RE2/Fiio, i like the sound but i feel a lack of "energy" and bass.

I'll buy a Sansa Fuze and i don't know what headphone i should choose.
It's for listen to MP3 with a bitrate 192k/bits at least.

I"ll try to found an AKG K450 but in ear headphones could be better.
It's to be used in street/bus, dunno if AKG K450 has an enough isolation.

I'm eclectic, but i have a dominance for Metal/Deathcore/Progressive Rock/Progressive Metal/Rock.
(Some bands : Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, Dream Theater, Radiohead, The Beatles).

I would have a headphone who can restitute the energy of the metal keeping details (Of progressive rock for exemple which is rich in details).
I don't want a headphone which have too much bass.

If it is more solid would be a good.

Budget : between 30 and 100 €.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 5
S4 has quite some bass and sibilance in the treble. If low bass is not a problem I can suggest the RE0 (metal listener here too), excellent treble (cymbals and the like are unbelievable), clarity and detail. You will hear things you probably haven't heard before. I hear HF5 are good too, you can see some reviews.

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Sonic, I love my S4's and I've never experienced sibilance with them. The bass is addicting and they are fun earphones.. They brought music back into my life and gave me my first eargasm...  everything I listen to is judged against them.  If only the mids were a little more forward, they would be perfect for me..  If you're not into inserting them into your canal.. move on.. that's the way they are designed to be worn, like the Etymotics.. Good luck in your search..

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 5
Too late, i bought J Jays ^^
(Don't tell me they suck :p
tongue.gif
)

Anyway thank you for help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back