Headphone DAC/Amp
Dec 6, 2018 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mr.Marko448

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I am currently looking for the best DAC/amp combo i can get for under 100€. I own sennheiser momentum 2.0 and I've been thinking of getting a DAC/amp because in the future i might buy myself something like sennheiser hd600. I listen to everything from classic, rock to EDM and trance and stuff like that. I really like natural sound as well as punchy and deep bass. I've been also wondering if it's a good idea to get a DAP with usb DAC since i'm travelling by bus almost everyday.

Thank you

Dec 9, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 7
I am currently looking for the best DAC/amp combo i can get for under 100€. I own sennheiser momentum 2.0 and I've been thinking of getting a DAC/amp because in the future i might buy myself something like sennheiser hd600. I listen to everything from classic, rock to EDM and trance and stuff like that. I really like natural sound as well as punchy and deep bass. I've been also wondering if it's a good idea to get a DAP with usb DAC since i'm travelling by bus almost everyday.

The Momentum barely needs an amp you might as well save that money now and keep saving for something that will properly drive the HD600.

Dec 9, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 7
Hello!
I am currently looking for the best DAC/amp combo i can get for under 100€. I own Sennheiser momentum 2.0 and I've been thinking of getting a DAC/amp because in the future i might buy myself something like Sennheiser hd600. I listen to everything from classic, rock to EDM and trance and stuff like that. I really like natural sound as well as punchy and deep bass. I've been also wondering if it's a good idea to get a DAP with USB DAC since I'm traveling by bus almost everyday.
Thank you
Your going to want to spend 100 euros, or more, for just the headphone amplifier to drive the 300-Ohm HD600.
You might find a used FiiO X3 MKIII, for $100 Euros, for use with the Momentum 2.0.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #7 of 7
I know it barely needs an amp, but i am searching for something that will increase its volume a bit and something that could run maybe hd600, hd6xx, dt990 pro or something similar

And I'm saying a DAC-HPamp at that price range isn't exactly cloes to the best bet for driving the HD600, HD6XX, DT990 or something similar (as I'm counting import fees so it will exclude even some decent portable units from China), which is why I'm saying just save up for it and use the HD600, HD6XX, DT990, or something similar with whatever you're driving the Momentums with until you can get something that will really make a big enough jump in performance over that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back