Headphone case for AKG K701 ?
Jun 28, 2008 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Bencrest

100+ Head-Fier
Well, now I've decided to keep my K701s, I think it's time I got a case for them.

Thing is, they are pretty awkwardly shaped, and ideally I want something which isn't too bulky, but which offers good protection.

Does anyone make / sell a headphone case which would be suitable? I'm not fussed about buying internationally, as long as the case is suitable
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 20
Cheers for the quick reply
smily_headphones1.gif

That's possibly a little too big for what I'm after, but I'll bear it in mind. Because I move about a lot, and pretty much live out of a trolley case (hence my lack of a proper desktop rig at the moment), I want a case that's fairly compact
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wonder if something like this would work
COMSAFE HEADSET CASE - COMSAFE
COMSAFE.jpg

I just ordered that exact same thing last night - two of them, actually.

Pelican also makes some nice uber-tough cases, but they're rather expensive (the one I was looking at was around $100 + shipping). However, they do offer a lot of different sizes, and I believe the smaller ones (the one I was looking at was big enough for 780s and PRO 2500s, unfolded, and an amp) are quite a bit less expensive.

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #5 of 20
How about a camera case? I use an Ape Case for my portable pouch and a SLR camera bag for all my portable gear, cables, extra ear plugs, two full sized cans.

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #10 of 20
I use the Headroom case for my pair. The AKGs are probably the largest phones you'd want to put in the bag, as it's a pretty snug fit. There are a couple of internal pouches that are useful for storing the cable and a mini adaptor. The bag is well padded, helps to keep dust out and provides a bit of protection if you're thinking of taking the phones anywhere.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered that exact same thing last night - two of them, actually.

Pelican also makes some nice uber-tough cases, but they're rather expensive (the one I was looking at was around $100 + shipping). However, they do offer a lot of different sizes, and I believe the smaller ones (the one I was looking at was big enough for 780s and PRO 2500s, unfolded, and an amp) are quite a bit less expensive.

If fit for the 2500s maybe will fit the K702/K701...

Pelican Medium Cases

Pelican Medium Cases

Users who are viewing this thread

Back