Headphone Bash Thread
Dec 3, 2010 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fburdelliv

New Head-Fier
Not sure of the etiquette here at Head Fi, as you can see...
But I thought I'd give this a shot. 
Rip on a  headphone that really get's on your nerve that you've had experience with- just because you probably want to, to fore warn others of your experience, and cause I'm interested. 

I'll start: Dre's really  make annoy me because of a very apparent marketing scheme and because of their poor SQ. 

I can't say much from personal experience...yet. 

Have fun everyone. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 11
Apple earbuds or "iBuds". Not just because of their poor SQ, but because everyone is so attached to them that they are actually taking away from the artist original interpretation of an idea. When an artist spends months in a studio creating and perfecting a vision of the perfect song, and then have that idea destroyed by small, white pieces of junk, it's incredible. I want to venture on a crusade to destroy every single pair of those headphones (if you can even call them that)

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 11
I see no value in this thread. Aside from the obvious, what sounds like gold to some may be dirt for others.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #5 of 11
Threads like this have been closed in the past... like within the first 10 posts.

C'mon, lock it.
blink.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 11
Your favorite headphones suck.

That's right, I went there.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #10 of 11
I see no issue with criticizing headphones (after all thats half of what we do here, review and offer pros and cons of headphones)

Everyone has their own opinions and taste and its great to hear what people thing whether its good things or bad things.

However, the way the thread is titled and worded isn't that great. We don't want to go out on a your headphone sucks kind of circlejerking, but we should strive for a contructive feedback and criticism of headphones in general. 

I'm not too familiar with the bannable offenses on this forum, but I hope it doesn't get banned for the sake of free expression, but I hope this thread doesn't go anywhere. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #11 of 11

If Uncle Erik is on the forum now and see's it, he will.

How right you are. :D

I don't like to see bashing threads. The point of the forum is to guide people to what they would enjoy. We want people to find headphones they love listening to.

We don't need trashing for the sake of trashing. Thread closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back