Headphone amp for Stax 007 MkII
Aug 12, 2011 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Vijai

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody. This is my first message and need your help.

Im very interested to buy a Stax 007 MkII (or MkI) that´s clear.. but I need the ideal partner for them. I cant afford the near $5000 for WES, A10 or Blue Hawaii so I´d like to know other options to check and decide.

Do you think the WA GES maxxed should be a good option? Could the GES drive the 007´s?
Other models ?

My initial idea was the KGSS from Mr Gilmore but I´ve read about that´s discontinued.
Any news fron a new model and cost?

Thank you very much

Greetings

Aug 13, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Build a KGSSHV. Parts should cost somewhere around 1000-1500 depending on some design choices

Thank you very much for your answer, bcg27. That´s a good idea but Im not capacitated for that.
Do you know a dedicated company they can build it?

Thank you again  

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 4
I believe it's DIY only at this point. Whether it will be offered commercially at some point by a company like headamp I don't know, but I do know that Justin (of headamp) said in the BHSE thread in the high end forum that parts cost are approximately the same between the BHSE and KGSSHV if you ignore the cost of tubes, so I don't imagine it will be cheap if offered commercially.

If you are limited to commercial options I think the GES is a decent option, also some of the stax amps are respectable. A transformer box with a nice speaker amp is not a bad option. You could also try to pick a KGSS or maybe an exstata up in the for sale forums. I would recommend posting your question in the stax thread in the high end forum - you will hopefully get answers from people who know a lot more about stax than I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back