Headphone Advice forum?
Mar 2, 2009 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

mbd2884

Headphoneus Supremus
Lately, seems to me the Headphone Forums is just spam of suggest me headphone. Would it be better if it had it's own forums?

One of the reasons I love the Full Size Headphone Amp forum so much more, it's discussions of headphone amps, reviews, impressions and occasionally technical.

Headphone forums, should be same IMO, but it's just suggest me this and that, when there are just oodles of threads already answering that person's question. It's like the spam dump of the inept and lazy.

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 28
eh, I think the headphone forum is the growth engine of the site. If you were to separate it out where the regular posters weren't on there, it wouldn't be nearly as helpful for the noobs. Then I think the site wouldn't grow nearly as fast. So, assuming Jude wants to grow the site, I think he should keep it the way it is. Yeah, it can be slightly annoying at times, but I mean I think most people who are regular posters on headfi started on the full-sized headphone forum with a "can you recommend a good headphone around $100?" thread.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lately, seems to me the Headphone Forums is just spam of suggest me headphone. Would it be better if it had it's own forums?

One of the reasons I love the Full Size Headphone Amp forum so much more, it's discussions of headphone amps, reviews, impressions and occasionally technical.

Headphone forums, should be same IMO, but it's just suggest me this and that, when there are just oodles of threads already answering that person's question. It's like the spam dump of the inept and lazy.

Groundhog day for sure - your post pops up about twice a year, and has in my memory from the earliest days. Ever it has been so at Head-fi.

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 28
Universal answer....... Grado SR60
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But where else can we bash the K-701?

Oh you can do that anywhere. I did it in the library last week, did it earlier today in the kitchen while I was making a manwich too. You don't need an internet forum.

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 28
I personally think it's fine as is. The headphone suggestion threads eventually die out within a couple days and the dedicated headphone discussion threads end up staying towards the top or get bumped every now and then.

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh you can do that anywhere. I did it in the library last week, did it earlier today in the kitchen while I was making a manwich too. You don't need an internet forum.

I would do it in a hat, I would smash them with a bat.

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

One of the reasons I love the Full Size Headphone Amp forum so much more, it's discussions of headphone amps, reviews, impressions and occasionally technical. Headphone forums, should be same IMO, but it's just suggest me this and that.....

Well, I am going to disagree. Currently on the first two pages of the amp forum there are 11 threads asking which amp is best for a specific headphone, certain price range, or environment (e.g. office).

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would do it in a hat, I would smash them with a bat.

Indeed.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #11 of 28
Maybe a subforum of this forum would be better?

There is definitely many recommendation threads lately..
maybe we should wait and see if they die down in a few weeks before doing something rash like that

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #12 of 28
Might be a good idea.
As long as new members find their way to it, which I have a hard time believing.

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #13 of 28
Make your own forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Then you shall have it as you wish
smily_headphones1.gif

Newbeez dont bother me.

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #14 of 28
I think a specific thread is a good idea, not a specific forum. We should have a nice place to consolidate information about many cheaper headphones for noobs like me who are not interested in spending a ton of money on gear.

Mar 3, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Netminder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a specific thread is a good idea, not a specific forum. We should have a nice place to consolidate information about many cheaper headphones for noobs like me who are not interested in spending a ton of money on gear.

you mean this?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/hea...-guide-271258/

or this?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rec...new-old-13417/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
But where else can we bash the K-701?

angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back