Headphone <150$ for tracking/ casual music listening
Apr 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scandolous0

New Head-Fier
I wanna buy a headphone for under 150$, but I could go to 200$ if necessary. I'll be mainly using it for drumming practice and tracking, so I do need some isolation, maybe a bit less than ath-m50 because they gave me a slight headache. Music I listen to are usually rock from the 80s(Guns N roses), some country (lonestar), some modern rock and sometimes hip hop. So yeah I need a somewhat versatile headphone that has sufficient bass. I'll be using it through my ipod and my guitar pedal, so no amp. Oh btw, I only need a headphone with decent sound. I'm not always able to download high-quality music, so I only need something with decent sound.

I looked through some of them on the forums, and DT 770 pro 80 ohm and M-audio Q40 sound good. Any other suggestion? Between these 2, which one should I Buy?

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I wanna buy a headphone for under 150$, but I could go to 200$ if necessary. I'll be mainly using it for drumming practice and tracking, so I do need some isolation, maybe a bit less than ath-m50 because they gave me a slight headache. Music I listen to are usually rock from the 80s(Guns N roses), some country (lonestar), some modern rock and sometimes hip hop. So yeah I need a somewhat versatile headphone that has sufficient bass. I'll be using it through my ipod and my guitar pedal, so no amp. Oh btw, I only need a headphone with decent sound. I'm not always able to download high-quality music, so I only need something with decent sound.

I looked through some of them on the forums, and DT 770 pro 80 ohm and M-audio Q40 sound good. Any other suggestion? Between these 2, which one should I Buy?

KRK 8400 are really great for tracking and just casual listening and watching shows and movies. Not to mention they are very comfy with their memory pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back