Headfi vs Phamducduc thread
Nov 2, 2004 at 7:52 AM Post #106 of 200
Stealing properties from college= expulsion
Stealing from other people in college = unrelated to college and I dont think colleges have right to expell, I think it falls into the misdemeanor category.

For the people who got their money back via paypal, that's good because there is evident but since he refunded the money so it's done.
For the people that said they sent him pimeta, is there any proof that the box contains pimeta? Oh question, can posts made in head-fi be consider a legal binding transaction contract between two parties? Also for all I see, he can use the defense that you guys sent him blank boxes or the pimeta sent is a gift. People who sent him cash only without any signature confrimation cannot do jack about it since there's no tangible evident to prove it, and it would be real dumb to send cash by mail as the postal place said you should not send anything by real cash. I think his ebay auction are real because there is evidence if he tries to scam, but the lost pimeta story is quite hard to prove. If it is this easy, heck i'll send him a blank box and call the police and said that he didnt return the pimeta back to me. Well, wait and see how this is going.

Nov 2, 2004 at 9:26 AM Post #107 of 200
I know that I risk a lot of negative replies by posting this, but I have a reasonably strong hunch that oleaseed = phamducduc for the following reasons:

1) oleaseed just registered to headfi on October 27, 2004. If you look at phamducduc's posts, he practically stopped posting after the "incident", so he needed a way to post again ... by applying for a new username.
2) oleaseed posts seem to be arguing for phamducduc.
3) Both of them post in similar subforums.
4) If you look at the previous posts, both of them use similar structure and grammar.
5) Both of them use ":p" at the end of their posts. (oleaseed and phamducduc, don't edit your posts after reading mine.

I know that I am posting a very controversial message here; I hope that I am wrong and sincerely apologize to oleaseed if that is true. I don't know how to do an IP check, but it could probably prove if I am wrong or not.

Nov 2, 2004 at 9:51 AM Post #108 of 200
Artit, I think you're right. Oleaseed is using the same mistaken "legal logic" to suggest that his scamming activities will go unpunished:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleaseed
For the people that said they sent him pimeta, is there any proof that the box contains pimeta? Oh question, can posts made in head-fi be consider a legal binding transaction contract between two parties? Also for all I see, he can use the defense that you guys sent him blank boxes or the pimeta sent is a gift.

He seems to be suggesting that the poor guy who lost his PIMETA will never be able to get it back for a whole host of lame reasons, just as Phamducduc "reasoned" before about the other victims until people explained that he had just committed a federal crime, not a civil infraction as he had believed.

Phamducduc is the most awful individual I've run across in a long while. He only seems to care about what he can get away with, not about hurting others or whether he's breaking the law. It's almost sociopathic. Eventually someone will catch up with him, and I predict a nice long future in jail for the guy.

Until then, I highly recommend several people start phoning his parents. If they won't/can't talk in English, just follow Braillediver's suggestion and strongly and loudly repeat "POLICE" a couple of times.

If this matter doesn't get solved eventually, I suggest someone making an anonymous tip to the federal immigration authorities. Where there's smoke there's probably fire, and if any members of this guy's family are in the country illegally or provisionally and they are condoning or turning a blind eye to illegal activities, they deserve to be investigated and possibly deported.

Nov 2, 2004 at 10:22 AM Post #109 of 200
Well, if Oleaseed = Phamducduc and if in the end we find out that Phamducduc did actually scam fellow headfiers (not that it has already been proven), how do we prevent people from switching to new usernames and perhaps start scamming again?

Nov 2, 2004 at 10:43 AM Post #110 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by artit
Well, if Oleaseed = Phamducduc and if in the end we find out that Phamducduc did actually scam fellow headfiers (not that it has already been proven), how do we prevent people from switching to new usernames and perhaps start scamming again?

you CANNOT prevent this

you can give out some personal information in order to try to protect you from known scammers , but the "new identity-same scammer" will fraud you.

Nov 2, 2004 at 10:47 AM Post #112 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by artit
I know that I risk a lot of negative replies by posting this, but I have a reasonably strong hunch that oleaseed = phamducduc for the following reasons:

1) oleaseed just registered to headfi on October 27, 2004. If you look at phamducduc's posts, he practically stopped posting after the "incident", so he needed a way to post again ... by applying for a new username.
2) oleaseed posts seem to be arguing for phamducduc.
3) Both of them post in similar subforums.
4) If you look at the previous posts, both of them use similar structure and grammar.
5) Both of them use ":p" at the end of their posts. (oleaseed and phamducduc, don't edit your posts after reading mine.

I know that I am posting a very controversial message here; I hope that I am wrong and sincerely apologize to oleaseed if that is true. I don't know how to do an IP check, but it could probably prove if I am wrong or not.

this is incredible
eek.gif
eek.gif

please stop this guy

pham pham if i were the buyer you would have known very hard time, FOR SURE I would have called the police to make them known of the facts .

Nov 2, 2004 at 11:37 AM Post #113 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by oleaseed
I also have an acc on misticriver, however, there is no FS forum so who knows..
I once got scam, called the police station on nevada because I know he lived there. They refer me to contact the buyer and showed me some lame website, tell me to fild out forms at the local police stations (basically went in a circle). In the end, they didnt "get in touch" with the guy in nevada. So much for police intervention
frown.gif
It cost me 102$!

If Oleaseed is Phamducduc, then he is lying to cover up his tracks. There IS a For Sale forum at misticriver.net. Not sure what our friend is up to.

Also, the reference to the police in Nevada was probably to mislead those trying to file a complaint / lawsuit against him.

Just my observations.

Nov 2, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #114 of 200
Scamscamduc is unbelievable, For anyone who know his address and phone number, post it here and let's start giving him trouble, Obviously he's still want to scam other people and does not want to learn his lesson. Better yet, report it to FBI and give him their address as possible drug dealer, so they'll go to his place. This scammer deserved it.

Nov 2, 2004 at 6:06 PM Post #117 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
oleaseed is indeed phamducduc. His oleaseed persona has been banned.

Wow. Three accounts? that reminds me of somebody...

Nov 2, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #118 of 200
disgusting

stop this guy
i hope the buyers ( both refunded and not refunded ) get togheter and take action against a fraud, you' ll just have to explain to police how things have gone / evolved

Nov 2, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #119 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy

Until then, I highly recommend several people start phoning his parents. If they won't/can't talk in English, just follow Braillediver's suggestion and strongly and loudly repeat "POLICE" a couple of times.

Hmm...not sure about this, Wodgy...Assuming the parents know nothing about this and assuming they are perfectly respectable people, it would seem a little silly to scream anything down the phone at them, let alone "POLICE!!"

Now I may be missing something here, but if myself and my wife were sat at home (with our kids which we don't yet have
biggrin.gif
) here in Spain, quietly watching the TV and some guy from Madrid calls one of us and because we don't/won't speak Spanish yells: "POLICE!!!!" at the top of his voice, it is doubtful that either my wife or myself would suddenly leap up and accuse the kids of scamming the internet....
biggrin.gif
I'd probably just stare at the phone, put it down, shrug my shoulders and mutter a few obscenities under my breath about the Spanish.

Instead, I'd call the parents and if they don't speak English I'd find someone who can speak Vietnamese (if that is indeed their mother-tongue) to call them for me. At least you have a chance of accomplishing something useful that way...
biggrin.gif

Remember: as far as we know, his parents are blissfully unaware of all this so perhaps the lynch-mob might want to stop short of them.

Nov 2, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #120 of 200
The United States is not Spain. It's very difficult to get by here without knowing at least a couple words in English. There are families that don't speak much English at all, but they usually know a couple of words and will at least make an effort. From what previous posters have said, these people just hang up the phone. The "police" comment is meant to try to get them to stay on the line and attempt to communicate as well as they can. They might even call their son and ask him to translate, since apparently he does have some grasp of English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back