HeadFi Holiday Exchange - "WHADJAGET?"
Dec 9, 2003 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

Old Pa

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got done shoveling a heart attack snow off the drive when USPS rolls up with a package from my pal Akar. He sent me two tasty CDs; Leo Kotke's "One Guitar, No Vocals" and Scruggs, Watson's, and Skaggs' "The Three Pickers", neither of which I had and excellent choices. Thanks, Akar! Can't wait to listen to them when I get back home tonight.
k1000smile.gif

PS: Your stuff was shipped to me and will be on it's way to you on Thursday. Honest!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Boy, are these good CDs; great music and great sound. Entirely different from what I had been listening to recently; God bless change! Hope that everybody is as happy with what they get as I am with what I got.

Now everybody - [size=x-large]"WHADJAGET?"[/size]

Dec 10, 2003 at 7:43 AM Post #3 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by joe
"I didn't get nothing. I had to pay fifty dollars and pick up the garbage..." -Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Resturant

I wasn't in on the exchange, but that quote was needed.

Wait a minute, that quote is for Thanksgiving day.
biggrin.gif

Mine is on it's way. I promise to post when it arrives.
I don't want you guys to make me sit on the group W bench.
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2003 at 9:37 AM Post #5 of 52
i made my choice 5 days ago and amazon's reply then was : your item (in stock) will be shipped between the 17th and the 21st. Looks like an overload.

Dec 16, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 52
Is everbody waiting until Christmas day?
I just got my gift from Andrzej today, but I am now wondering if I should wait until Christmas to open it.

Dec 16, 2003 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Is everbody waiting until Christmas day?
I just got my gift from Andrzej today, but I am now wondering if I should wait until Christmas to open it.

It depends if I like what I get or not.

Dec 17, 2003 at 4:33 PM Post #10 of 52
Well now, Andrzej gave me Monster Jazz. This is my first experience with jazz. I must say that it is a positive experience.
rs1smile.gif

I like this CD.

Thank you Andrzej.

Dec 18, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #11 of 52
hey.... just wanted to say my christmas will be awesome. guess what i got!
wink.gif
(give ya a hint: it's from PinkFloy....) yup, he sent me a "Limited Edition Xmas-Feed" for the Christmas exchange. i think it's basically a super-duper X-Feed with nice casing/jacks/and a silver bypass switch. i think he really hates these bypass switches, so he got the only one that he could tolerate--one that's silver.

welp, i gotta say, the thing works like a charm. it's very subtle though. i mean, i can barely hear the difference when i flick the bypass. but to me, that's good... it still gives you all the advantages of headphones, but with a slight feeling of realism around the sound. the sound quality doesn't change to my ears.... and that's the biggest thing to me.

and heh he... i thought something was wrong with it at first, but it turned out to be ALL my fault. but in the process, i tested the thing with a multimeter--and it tests excellent. i opened it up.... and ****** man, that guy can really work the soldering pen/heat gun. the internal work is SUPERB. i mean, i have NEVER seen better in a DIY model.

...welp, just wanted to say, Mike's a talented guy and with a good heart--he gave the present to give, not to receive. (though his present ain't shabby either...
wink.gif
)

oh, he sent some cds for me to try too (rips... but don't worry, i intend to buy all of them.) and he has great taste in music too!

orpheus

Dec 19, 2003 at 7:03 PM Post #12 of 52
Don (fractus2) sent me Bob James, "Sign of the Times" and a DVD of a Nova documentary on "Why the Towers Fell". I have not had a chance to watch it yet, but it looks really interesting. The Bob James is very retro and sounds amazing on headphones. It's a really cool recording.
Thanks Don!

Dec 20, 2003 at 1:15 AM Post #13 of 52
I just returned home and my gift from Rizumu was waiting for me. The soundtrack to "Princess Mononoke."

In all honesty, I purchased this disc a couple of years ago but misplaced it and never got around to buying it again. So I am really looking forward to listening to it tonight.

Thanks a lot Brendan, that was the perfect choice!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #14 of 52
My buddy kentamcolin sent me a big box of THREE nicley wrapped gifties. Since I am traveliing Wed to spend 4 days with Mom....I will open up the presents before I leave ...probably when my PPX3 arirves tomorrow or Monday...
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2003 at 3:49 PM Post #15 of 52
Yesterday I received Jude's gift. It is a 2 CD set entitled "Godowsky: The Complete Study of Chopin's Études" Marc-Andre Hamelin has recorded the 53 pieces for the piano. They are some of the more difficult ones written and the booklet states that few artists attempt them. I have listened to the first CD and hopefully I will get a chance to complete the second later this afternoon. I will be listening to these pieces for hours as there is so much to absorb and appreciate. A great choice Jude, Thank You.

Edit: I have been listening to the second CD and it is some of the most engaging piano I have heard. Perfect for those times when you want to just insert the Etys close your eyes and loose yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back