HeadAmp Pico Slim Portable Amplifier
Nov 4, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #781 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What was the voltage output of those amps while they were driving the JH13s...

It couldn't have been much unless the user was risking damage to their JH13s. It strikes me as semi-crazy to use an actual headphone as a load during RMAA testing.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #782 of 1,103
Quote:

Small update:

Mostly just waiting for parts at this time. pre-orders will start sometime in November

Also, I will try to get the custom packaging to fit the new USPS Global Priority Flat Rate box ($12.95). That should help lower the cost for a lot of you in Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada. The faster USPS Global Express (~$35) option will still be available. Shipping in the USA will still be $10 for 2-3 day

Hi Justin,

FWIW, for us Canadians, FedEx would be a much appreciated shipping option to have. USPS shipments are seemingly subjected to the slowest possible processing by Canada Customs (delays of 1-2 months are not unheard of - two t-shirts once took 3 months to get to me).

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #783 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by oogabooga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Justin,

FWIW, for us Canadians, FedEx would be a much appreciated shipping option to have. USPS shipments are seemingly subjected to the slowest possible processing by Canada Customs (delays of 1-2 months are not unheard of - two t-shirts once took 3 months to get to me).

I can do it by request, I don't think you'll like the rates

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Nov 5, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #785 of 1,103
Quote:

I can do it by request, I don't think you'll like the rates

I for one hate the FedEx rates, although first rate service, very costly.

From my experience USPS hasn't really been a problem, with maybe just 1 issue. Custom delays aren't usually too bad.

As long as it's not UPS, I'm happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #786 of 1,103
I actually haven't had problems with any shipping company, UPS, USPS, FedEx or DHL. Guess I'm lucky. I've bought numerous things from eBay, Monoprice and even a couple of items from Head-Fiers and they were all shipped in a reasonable amount of time with no damage and proper delivery (no throwing of packages from the street then driving away for me).

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #788 of 1,103
Quote:

At this point in time its something I can work with you on but it would not be an adjustable balance control -- if you know the amount of left/right balance adjustment you would need I can do it for you

Justin, this option increases my interest in this amp.
Will this be forever fixed, or is there a possibility of "tweaking" it in the future, as asked by dfkt?

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #790 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"it would not be an adjustable balance control"

Not sure where this quote comes from, or if it's a quote by Justin, or what you actually mean by it.

As I understood it, the whole trickery with the microcontroller inside the Pico Slim was meant to be managed over USB anyways. Meaning, if it could be used as a balance control, you could change the balance while connected via USB, not on the go. Which would be perfectly fine by me.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #791 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure where this quote comes from, or if it's a quote by Justin, or what you actually mean by it.

As I understood it, the whole trickery with the microcontroller inside the Pico Slim was meant to be managed over USB anyways. Meaning, if it could be used as a balance control, you could change the balance while connected via USB, not on the go. Which would be perfectly fine by me.

Quote:

At this point in time its something I can work with you on but it would not be an adjustable balance control -- if you know the amount of left/right balance adjustment you would need I can do it for you

Was a direct reply to your question about the USB features not being implemented, which was mentioned by Justin earlier in the thread which I can't be bothered to find, but I assure you it's there. Either way it looks like at this point in time, due to time constraints, he will not be delivering the USB upgrading features at this time. Perhaps it's possible he will do so in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back