HeadAmp Pico Slim Portable Amplifier
Sep 15, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #451 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you dont' have a dock, it shouldn't be a problem the knob is on the side with the headphones, the other side is the input, I don't really see the problem.

I'm probably just in the minority, but one of the reason I use ultra-portable amps are so I can put my setup in my shirt pocket.
Having plugs on opposite sides means that one of them will point downward and have some force applied to them, and that's not a good thing on the socket or the plug.
It's still in prototype stage, so I'll just have to wait and see the real thing before I make any decisions I guess.

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #452 of 1,103
Well, I came late. This thing is gorgeous! I'm likely going to have to buy one when I end up getting that JH-13. The only reservation I have is that I'll be using it with the Zune HD, which it seems outputs s/pdif on one of its pins (so an adapter should be possible so long as it will handshake with the Zune), so I might prefer to get an amp with a built-in DAC. We'll see.

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #453 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by markh78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm probably just in the minority, but one of the reason I use ultra-portable amps are so I can put my setup in my shirt pocket.
Having plugs on opposite sides means that one of them will point downward and have some force applied to them, and that's not a good thing on the socket or the plug.
It's still in prototype stage, so I'll just have to wait and see the real thing before I make any decisions I guess.

that's also what i think.

Sep 17, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #455 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by markh78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Punnisher can build you a decent low profile 90 degree LOD for $40 if that helps.

Sep 17, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #456 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Punnisher can build you a decent low profile 90 degree LOD for $40 if that helps.

Thanks for the tip!
I'll look into it when the pico slim production sample appears (so I can get the perfect fit LOD
smile.gif
)

Sep 17, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #457 of 1,103
This does look like a great amp. It's got a very specialized purpose, which it's very well suited to.

In the future, it'd be great to have a DAC to go along with it, i.e. with similar dimensions. The DAC wouldn't have to be as thin as the amp, but it would be nice if they could be stacked on top of each other. As I said above, it looks like we'll be able to get an spdif output directly from the Zune HD, and I'd like to take advantage of that. The Pico DAC is nice, but it wouldn't be very nice to stack with the Zune HD and Pico Slim. Or just incorporate a DAC into a thicker Pico Slim.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #465 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16 more days, hopefully the Pico Slim will cost about the same as the Pico.

Any idea if there would be a Pico Slim DAC/AMP?

I think Justin posted there would not be a Slim DAC/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back