HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
May 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #1,771 of 2,425
Received Serial #0063 yesterday! I had requested to switch to Silver, but I think that request probably got lost in the loads of PM's and e-mails so it's all good
beerchug.gif

Haven't done anything other than look at my pico slim though. I forgot I needed an interconnect and ordered a cheapie one on Saturday until I get around to making one. After waiting for the slim, waiting another few days for a cable isn't bad!

Oh I forgot to mention... this thing is tiny! I love it.

May 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #1,773 of 2,425
Oh no worries, I figure since I ordered a black one originally that switching to silver may not happen. I haven't been able to send e-mails from the e-mail I have listed on head-fi (completely my fault for being too lazy to fix it) so I ended up responding with my main one.

It probably doesn't help that my paypal is a completely different e-mail either!

May 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #1,774 of 2,425
Justin, havent heard from you regarding payment for the USB cable for charging. my original order didnt include it, but I had hoped to get you to pop one in and invoice me or let me know how to pay. only interested if it doesnt hold the shipment up. I understand mine should be shipping today, so probably at this stage its too late, because its probably with the shipping company and I will get one here. if its possible a 5-6 foot one would be perfect; but otherwise I look forward to searching for one in the city, if you could please let me know one way or the other so I can make arrangements to get one before the slim arrives. I dont want to be stuck with the little beauty without the capacity to use it. thanks

May 5, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #1,776 of 2,425
Eagle #46 has landed here
biggrin.gif

and it is sounding great, Thanks Justin!

And one question for Justin: is it advisable to leave the charger plugged in, if using the amp for extensive periods of time in a fixed position? That is how I've used the original Pico for the last couple years, and have had no battery issues.

May 6, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #1,779 of 2,425
NVM moved to PM

May 7, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #1,780 of 2,425

Quote:
Eagle #46 has landed here
biggrin.gif

and it is sounding great, Thanks Justin!

And one question for Justin: is it advisable to leave the charger plugged in, if using the amp for extensive periods of time in a fixed position? That is how I've used the original Pico for the last couple years, and have had no battery issues.

According to the specs are correct the battery life will be much longer than the original Pico.  So you'll likely not have to leave it plugged in all the time.  Otherwise, I'd personally use USB power with 500mA current for charging vs. the AC adapter with 1.6A.  No need to stress the batteries any more than needed.

Justin: What's the lowest input current for charging the Slim?  (even if it's very slow).  I actually have a micro USB charger that has 180mA output.

-Ed

May 7, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #1,783 of 2,425

Quote:
Another shipment tomorrow, then one on Fri/Sat, and then I will post an update

I admit I have not checked much into how things are going with the shipments. These two shipments happened? I may have missed the updates/notices....

Thanks

May 8, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #1,784 of 2,425
No shipments yet.  My shipping was purchased on Sunday (the second), actually, haha. 

Been busy with work and school so I haven't really had time to worry though!  Better question would be how long is the USPS shipping label good for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back