HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Apr 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #1,651 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received an email that mine is on the way so batch2 has shipped. Thanks Justin!

I am #27 on the list and no e-mail for me!

Pico slim will be here in Canada soon
L3000.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #1,652 of 2,425
I received an email about the shipping info 2 hours ago.

Thanks Justin!

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #1,653 of 2,425
Slim is on the way!! #55 on Justin's list....

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #1,656 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not an email problem, but that's ok, im not in the US, the email takes too long to cross the Atlantic
biggrin.gif

It should be here soon.

It must be the volcanic ash that delay the emails across the big pond.
ph34r.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #1,658 of 2,425
Quote:

IIRC Justin does the overseas run separately due to the paperwork involved back in Pico days; that may be the issue.

In my point of view that's not very correct.
Makes it easier to the supplier, but "sounds" incoherent from the customer perspective.

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #1,659 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by intricate28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He said that women go through this horrific pain during childbirth, but after they are done, the love for their new baby makes them forget all about the rigors of childbirth (hence they allow themselves to get pregnant all over again). In the end, my enjoyment of this amp will probably make the memory of the wait disappear.

But I'd be lying if I didn't admit I want to have this baby already
L3000.gif

smooth
tongue.gif
I know what your private thoughts are
wink.gif
nah I know what you mean, in fact I waited longer than this for my first pico and still went in for it again this time around because I enjoyed the amp very much, though I did pause when i remembered the last couple of weeks of that process where I started to go a bit barmy like about now. now seeing that I probably just missed out on this round of shipments by a couple of places ...well....lalalalalala, I think I need to go visit that shop like in unbearable sunshine of the spotless mind so I can forget the amp and these threads exist. more happy recipients is good though, bright side I have to be in the next batch

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #1,660 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my point of view that's not very correct.
Makes it easier to the supplier, but "sounds" incoherent from the customer perspective.

I wouldn't say that its easier for the supplier. For US shipments he goes to the post office, drops them off at the parcel window, done. For overseas shipments he has to fill out customs paperwork, handles package insurance which is different for each country, agent probably looks up different rates for each package depending on destination, deals with whatever vagarities the tracking systems add between the two countries, etc.. It isn't a stretch to bet that shipping 50 in the US is a lot simpler than shipping 50 to all points in the world. Blame the versions of legislature/parliments in your countries for their various export laws.

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #1,662 of 2,425
Quote:

I wouldn't say that its easier for the supplier. For US shipments he goes to the post office, drops them off at the parcel window, done. For overseas shipments he has to fill out customs paperwork, handles package insurance which is different for each country, agent probably looks up different rates for each package depending on destination, deals with whatever vagarities the tracking systems add between the two countries, etc.. It isn't a stretch to bet that shipping 50 in the US is a lot simpler than shipping 50 to all points in the world. Blame the versions of legislature/parliments in your countries for their various export laws.

I think you misunderstood what i've trying to explain.
Let me simplify...
It's not fair (if we can say so) to satisfy orders, regarding the country of destination, at least the first batch didn't follow that order, so...
What's the point of pre-order list if it's not fulfilled in that manner?
Maybe something's missing in my line of thought, who better than Justin to clarify?

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #1,663 of 2,425
@ Vitor Teixeira, seanc85, itsborken

The initial 25 that shipped were to US, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Austrailia, Norway, UK, so not sure if this is correct

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #1,664 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanc85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we all need Justin's explanation about it. We cannot assume anything until he broaches.

Have you ever shipped anything through customs between countries? It's not the same as posting a parcel between AZ and NYC. That is all I'm saying. He has done the shipping to the other countries in a separate run in the past; have the decency to give him the required time to sort through all the customs paperwork before jumping up and down that things aren't fair 5 hours after the US stuff got shipped.

Did the original overseas postings get shipped by the USPS and not Fedex/UPS/DHL/whoever else?

This is why people state 'CONUS only'. It is nothing new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back