HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Jan 21, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #541 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lyric from a Justin Timberlake song?
darthsmile.gif

oh come on, even crudely translated chinese sounds better than Justin timberlake lyrics
wink_face.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #545 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by dejainc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for that, now to order my iPod LOD with the correct cable length
smily_headphones1.gif

This is also a question I have for all you guys with experience of this.

Seems the optimal way to set this up if you have a full sized iPod or iPhone would be to secure it behind and at the top so the headphone out is near the existing headphone out. Then run a LOD with the cable exiting from the side of the Dock connector up behind with a straight 3.5mm plug to connect to the input on the pico slim.

Then the questions are: 1) how long should the total length be from the tip of the plug to where the cable goes into the the dock connector?

and (2) (not really on the topic of this thread) where to get it made.

Searching around the usual response to (2) is "Punnisher makes them" but I have PM'd him twice and heard nothing - so maybe he doesn't any more or doesn't deal with ppl he doesn't know already.

Any advice on this much appreciated (if you don't this should be in this thread, then where? - maybe a new one?)

Tim

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #546 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmo11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems the optimal way to set this up if you have a full sized iPod or iPhone would be to secure it behind and at the top so the headphone out is near the existing headphone out. Then run a LOD with the cable exiting from the side of the Dock connector up behind with a straight 3.5mm plug to connect to the input on the pico slim.

Then the questions are: 1) how long should the total length be from the tip of the plug to where the cable goes into the the dock connector?

Searching around the usual response to (2) is "Punnisher makes them" but I have PM'd him twice and heard nothing - so maybe he doesn't any more or doesn't deal with ppl he doesn't know already.

I PMed qusp, and got mine (exactly what you described), within a few days. You might wanna pm him with your requirements.

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #547 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmo11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any advice on this much appreciated (if you don't this should be in this thread, then where? - maybe a new one?)

Tim

I got Ted from The Pro Cable to make one. 30mm Earcandy Lite with a left side exit. He just shipped it today, should get it in about 5 days or so.

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #554 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well done, Justin. I'm looking forward to this amp. The JH13 is wonderful, but it needs an amp with plenty of control. The Slim sounds very promising.

But it doesn't have a DAC!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back