HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread
Mar 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #481 of 730
For environmental concerns, nothing beats using rechargeable batteries.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #482 of 730
Quote:
Those are the same ones I've been looking at buying. I have that same charger somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. If Justin confirms 9.6 is fine I'll probably buy the same setup you have right there :p

I currently use the Maha Imedion 9.6v cells and matching charger with my XP-7 successfully, and will continue using them with the Pico Power.

Quote:
OMG I GOT A SHIPPING NOTICE EMAIL.

(A little excited)

Hmm, I wonder if that means I'm not in the first batch since I did not get a shipping notice.  Darn!

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #485 of 730
Quote:
a few tenths of a volt doesn't make much difference

don't know where you live, but $6 each is a lot for an alkaline 9v.  i am buying them in bulk, and paying 90 cents each.  If I got in somewhere as a dealer/OEM it would probably be less.
http://www.batteriesandbutter.com/MN16049V.html

A few 10ths....this is where im confused. As I read that lithium are 3.6v cells +/- they can only have a nominal 7.2v, but as Ni-MH are 1.2v cells, I figured they could be a 8.4 or 9.6 nominal voltage which I would have thought better?

does anyone know what the actual nominal voltage of a Ni-MH 9v is Vs a Lithium 9v??

The other thing im reading about lithium is charging. It says best not to fully discharge and even not fully charge....so even though the batteries may last longer or be better, ideally we may have them on the charger the same or more so than Ni-MH???

I live on the east coast of Australia, I could probably get 9v alkalines cheaper than $6 but that was just at my loacl and used as a reference. I would have to do leg work etc and probably end up not paying that much less....no way $0.90 each. Yes we pay alot for batteries here. But thanks to our currently strong dollar and ease of shopping online (some what) I can order from ebay Aus or USA and get a good charger and batteries for around $50-70 delivered.

and yes also thinking of the enviroment

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #486 of 730
Quote:
A few 10ths....this is where im confused. As I read that lithium are 3.6v cells +/- they can only have a nominal 7.2v, but as Ni-MH are 1.2v cells, I figured they could be a 8.4 or 9.6 nominal voltage which I would have thought better?

does anyone know what the actual nominal voltage of a Ni-MH 9v is Vs a Lithium 9v??

The other thing im reading about lithium is charging. It says best not to fully discharge and even not fully charge....so even though the batteries may last longer or be better, ideally we may have them on the charger the same or more so than Ni-MH???

http://michaelbluejay.com/batteries/9v.html has a pretty good chart of the different NiMH and Lithium rechargeable 9v batteries.

Generally speaking Lithium batteries aren't worth the hassle unless you absolutely need the extra capacity/current.

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #487 of 730
Hi Justin,

I'm definitely in the first batch of pre-orders (confirmed by your spreadsheet) but am in the UK. Are you able to estimate a likely shipping date for overseas purchasers yet? 

Thanks,

Andy.

Quote:
i will test the other batteries later to verify

and not everyone was in the first batch, but i still have a lot more labels to print

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #489 of 730
Quote:
Just waiting a few days for people in the U.S. to receive and confirm everything is OK before I ship the international orders

That's what I thought....

me too, I've been waiting for the shipping notice eagerly since Justin's posting about 120 units being ready to ship.
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #492 of 730
Quote:
just got mine but haven't heard it yet since I'm at work...will post initial impressions in the evening! Yipeee, hooray!

You should go home, sick.  
atsmile.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #494 of 730
Please forgive my ignorance, but how does neuro psychology differ from psychotherapy?

Andy.

Quote:
I know, but I have my private practice in neuro psychology...fee for service, so no
Work means no money to buy stuff like this!

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #495 of 730
You should go home, sick.  :atsmile:
I get referred patients by psychiatrists, pcps, and neurologists for cognitive evaluations in order to rule out the presence of neurological involvement (e.g., psychiatric vs neurological causes for cognitive dysfunction; dementia vs pseudo dementia). Pays very well, which is good since I'm getting the sr009 and blue Hawaii amp soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back