HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Mar 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #3,633 of 3,724
Was going to try to use this with a device that has a micro-b usb port... so I guess I would need a mini-b male to micro-b male... spent over an hour searching on Google, result after result with nothing... ugh... USB connector hell.

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,638 of 3,724
I've enjoyed my Pico for quite some time now, it's nice to see the measurements confirm what I suspected...that it performs well :) I do hope that Tyll gets a chance to measure the Pico Power. I think I actually prefer it's sound to the Pico.

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #3,639 of 3,724
Quote:
I've enjoyed my Pico for quite some time now, it's nice to see the measurements confirm what I suspected...that it performs well :) I do hope that Tyll gets a chance to measure the Pico Power. I think I actually prefer it's sound to the Pico.

Yep, I'm wondering about the Pico Power as well.  I really joy the Pico dac/amp when I had it, but found to Pico Power to be even nicer sounding.

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #3,640 of 3,724
Hi, I am new to amps/dacs and I am looking for an amp/dac to use with an Ipod Classic and a Nokia N8. This Pico amp seems to be the safest choice but what i want to know is will it work with the USB out on the Nokia N8? I know some amp/dacs such as Fiio E7 do but not sure if the Pico does.

Also is it possible to get one with a black body and dark blue end caps?

Can you siupply it with 240 volt power supply for Australia?

Also is it really the dimensions that the website says, not inc knob? That makes it look really small but all the photos online make it look like a large brick. If it really is 2.7x2 that would great though.

Thanks

May 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3,641 of 3,724
I don't know about the N8 compatibility, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work.

Justin is pretty flexible with custom orders, so I would guess he'd do that color combination.

The power supply is universal, no problem for 240v.

It really is that small! It still suprised me when it arrived... The pictures make it look far larger than it is.

Hi, I am new to amps/dacs and I am looking for an amp/dac to use with an Ipod Classic and a Nokia N8. This Pico amp seems to be the safest choice but what i want to know is will it work with the USB out on the Nokia N8? I know some amp/dacs such as Fiio E7 do but not sure if the Pico does.

Also is it possible to get one with a black body and dark blue end caps?

Can you siupply it with 240 volt power supply for Australia?

Also is it really the dimensions that the website says, not inc knob? That makes it look really small but all the photos online make it look like a large brick. If it really is 2.7x2 that would great though.

Thanks

May 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #3,642 of 3,724
I just checked for the DAC specifications at headamp.com, but they are not available. As the website points out this thread for more info, I thought I could find some more specs here, but browsing through 243 pages of forum posts is a bit extreme. I hope that Justin is still checking in on this thread and that maybe there hopefully are some DAC measurements available.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a portable and the Pico and the UHA-6S MKII are my main candidates, and although both have quite detailed specs and measurements, there are some more info I would like to see on both portables. Besides the digital specs, I'd very much like to see some more output power and voltage specifications at different loads, as I have various headphones with different sensitivity and efficiency. I get to travel a lot, and would like to carry along my K702s or HD-800s and be able to use my laptop as source.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

May 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,644 of 3,724
OK i will still look into this. Even if it does not work with N8 it guess it should work with ipod. Just listening to it now and the stock ipod phones are crap. I go full volume which does not seem too loud but theres distortion and i cant even have the bass booster on. Not good when i mainly listen to DNB. Need some decent phones and a amp!

May 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #3,645 of 3,724
Hi Justin, it seems you don't check your email (justin@headamp.com) very often.
But now I may need to make some changes to my order.
Hope you can check your email and give me a prompt reply. 
My email (yulei.89@hotmail.com).
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back