HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
May 30, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #3,511 of 3,724
guess i forgot to mention that i wanted some portability so i could use it with my notebook without having to worry about power. it would be wonderful if i could just run one plug to the outlet while using my notebook, lol. guess its just my little niche...

btw i wanted to praise justin on the amps. looks like you are doin some labor of love and thank you. and thank you both for being contributors to this site. im still wet behing the ears about this whole subject, but find myself being engrossed in it. This site is the best place for up to date info as well as genuine opinons. Kudos!

May 30, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #3,513 of 3,724

Quote:

Thanks Nebby. Much appreciated. It's not a bad size as far as wallwarts go but I seriously wish they'd come smaller or if the Pico could charge from a USB port.
Travelling with laptop, phone, camera, ipod, amp etc means a crapload of cables, chargers etc. I travel in pretty rugged places in crap conditions and one of my pet peeves is all the cables and crap I have to lug around with me.
I've been very curious about a Pico DAC/Amp for a while and have been considering selling off or trading my RSA SR-71 to fund it.
One thing I really like about the SR-71 however is the lack of charger cable or wallwart. The two 9v batteries taped together that I sometimes chuck in my carry-on keep catching the eyes of security though for some reason.
Explaining all the kit to security personel is becoming quite the ritual these days.

Has anyone any direct experience comparing the sound of the Pico to the SR-71 (Not SR-71A)?
Cheers.

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #3,514 of 3,724
Everyone,

Received shipment notification from Justin dated 15 June - ordered back 9th April. Crossing the fingers for it to cross Ocean without a problem!

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #3,515 of 3,724

Funny enough I actually just sold off my SR-71 recently to fund other things, so I have experience with both. Very generally speaking, I found the SR-71 is a touch smoother while the Pico is more impactful in the bass. This is to my ears of course, which are made of copper or perhaps bronze :p You don't have to charge the Pico all that often, I've found that the battery lasts for quite some time.
Quote:
Thanks Nebby. Much appreciated. It's not a bad size as far as wallwarts go but I seriously wish they'd come smaller or if the Pico could charge from a USB port.
Travelling with laptop, phone, camera, ipod, amp etc means a crapload of cables, chargers etc. I travel in pretty rugged places in crap conditions and one of my pet peeves is all the cables and crap I have to lug around with me.
I've been very curious about a Pico DAC/Amp for a while and have been considering selling off or trading my RSA SR-71 to fund it.
One thing I really like about the SR-71 however is the lack of charger cable or wallwart. The two 9v batteries taped together that I sometimes chuck in my carry-on keep catching the eyes of security though for some reason.
Explaining all the kit to security personel is becoming quite the ritual these days.

Has anyone any direct experience comparing the sound of the Pico to the SR-71 (Not SR-71A)?
Cheers.

Jun 20, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #3,516 of 3,724
Received the custom leather case for my Pico amp w DAC! Love it very much!
Thanks to Justin for the fast delivery!!! :)

Jun 23, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #3,517 of 3,724
Hi everyone,

Received this morning 23rd June my Headmap Pico with DAC, black enclosures. Ordered was back 9th of April, so it has been almost 3 months of a wait. I have already shared my frustration with this to Justin and members of the forum and won't comment again.

- International delivery went well. I had no problem in tracking the shipment nor whith the Pico I ave received.
- Boxing was very well prepared
- Content is amazingly small in size - I can't imagine what a PICO slim can look like!

More than anything, the Pico does a great sound with an Ipod or an imod. This si really great piece of Audio stuff I would recommend to anyone.

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #3,518 of 3,724
I have had mine for a while but have on and off noticed a high pitch squeal like maybe a jack or grounding problem and i emailed him and he got back to me in an hour or two.  Hope the fix is quick because the product is great and i will miss it while it is away.

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #3,521 of 3,724
Hi Justin,

I must say, you have a really great reviews and customers here, they had really convinced me to order your USB/DAC AMP today!
(9th July 2010)

Now I know that it will be slow process but I won't make any fuss as I'd rather have an amazing AMP made by a perfectionist like your self.. but please don't forget to email me for updates with product shipping and things like that
wink.gif

thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back