HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Mar 3, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #3,196 of 3,724
Cool. Thumbs up to Justin. Seems that the waiting queues for the picos experienced in the past are no more. Based on the service you got slwiser, hopefully I will be receiving my pico DAC in a months time from now. Can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #3,197 of 3,724
My Pico arrived today! I was anxious to examine the Pico so as I opened the shipping box I saw a large white box. I thought to myself that must be the Pico. I opened white box and I was shocked to see it was the wallwart. After digging deeper into the box and under more packing material I saw this tiny black box. As many before me have said, and now I must concur, the Pico is so ridiculously small for such amazing sound!

My biggest problem I have with the Pico is I brought it into work today and I find myself in a trance listening…. instead of working. I’m sure I will come out of it eventually!

FWIW my initial impression is the Pico is quite the feat of engineering marvel. Great job Justin.

Ordered: 11-25-2008
Received: 3-03-2009

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #3,198 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by balderon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Pico arrived today! I was anxious to examine the Pico so as I opened the shipping box I saw a large white box. I thought to myself that must be the Pico. I opened white box and I was shocked to see it was the wallwart. After digging deeper into the box and under more packing material I saw this tiny black box. As many before me have said, and now I must concur, the Pico is so ridiculously small for such amazing sound!

My biggest problem I have with the Pico is I brought it into work today and I find myself in a trance listening…. instead of working. I’m sure I will come out of it eventually!

FWIW my initial impression is the Pico is quite the feat of engineering marvel. Great job Justin.

Ordered: 11-25-2008
Received: 3-03-2009

Yeah, that thing is tiny!

Mar 4, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #3,200 of 3,724
Oh dear, I ordered mine via PM on Feb. 11, received confirmation and was told a request for payment would soon follow. It never did, and now it looks like my order was lost/overlooked
frown.gif
And that picture of 60 Picos and Justin's updates from a few days back got me all excited.

Mar 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #3,203 of 3,724
Hi Justin,

I made my PICO USB/DAC order by google checkout on 1st March 2009. I would like to change the colour to ORANGE (if not available, then black is good - whichever is faster for delivery). I will pay the $20 extra to your paypal account when I receive you shipping notice. I would also like to buy a spare battery from you, but don't know how much extra needs to be added?

thanks again,

Mar 4, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #3,204 of 3,724
Hi Justin,

I made my PICO USB/DAC order by google checkout on 1st March 2009. I would like to change the colour to ORANGE (if not available, then black is good - whichever is faster for delivery). I will pay the $20 extra to your paypal account when I receive you shipping notice. I would also like to buy a spare battery from you, but don't know how much extra needs to be added?

thanks again,

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #3,205 of 3,724
fyi, Pico arrived today. Has anyone said anything about how tiny this unit is?
smile.gif

I am listening right now with my UE9...and Sansa Fuse.

I just had to get out the iMod for this....

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #3,206 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fyi, Pico arrived today. Has anyone said anything about how tiny this unit is?
smile.gif

So, you like?

Yes it is tiny and cute. If Justin offered a Dark Purple color I think I might have to buy mine a new brother...maybe just the amp version.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #3,207 of 3,724
Edwood did a nice rendering of the Pico USB DAC - this is the upcoming version that is only a USB DAC, with RCA and mini line outs. There will be no change to the Pico DAC/Amp and Pico Amp. I'll have a new thread on the Pico USB DAC in about a week. The enclosures are being completed now and they'll be ready in about 4 weeks

EdKhang_HeadAmp_PicoDAC_FrontPanel_01Black800px.jpg

EdKhang_HeadAmp_PicoDAC_FrontPanel_04Silver800px.jpg

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #3,210 of 3,724
Got mine today. Damn, no matter how many people say it's tiny, you just don't get it till you see it. Crazy small!

Mine does not sound right though... :S
Music does not sound like music...pretty sure I plugged it in right :p

Problem with the computer...works great on my laptop.
Laptop is Vista, Computer is Xp
Still not working on my computer...all the sound is distorted and garbled. Very confused.

Alright. Damn. It's so silent...beautiful...worth every penny and the massive wait :p

Ordered May 22nd 2008
Received March 5 2009

Thanks Justin!

Now just to get it working on my main computer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back