HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Feb 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #3,109 of 3,724
Hi Justin,

Please can you give me an update on the shipping/tracking of my Pico USB DAC/Amp ordered on the 15/01/09?

If I didn't know you were on here then I would have thought of might have nabbed my money and run. I paid for it and got a receipt, but have had no response back after emailing you. I don't mind if it will take another couple of weeks if there is a problem with stock, just want to know when I might be expecting it..

darthsmile.gif
Many thanks.

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #3,113 of 3,724
i paid with google checkout on 22 december 08 and im still waiting for some sort of contact from justin/headamp about my pico. no reply to email and no answer on phone.

its just frustrating seeing as i paid a large amount of money and there is NO communication at all. i dont care about the wait its just im not being given any info at all and its worrying since i paid over 500 dollars and it is said in the first post that no payment is needed until the pico is ready to ship.

has anyone that paid around december time recvied a pico yet? im waiting for a green one so i dont know if thats holding it up.

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #3,114 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i paid with google checkout on 22 december 08 and im still waiting for some sort of contact from justin/headamp about my pico. no reply to email and no answer on phone.

its just frustrating seeing as i paid a large amount of money and there is NO communication at all. i dont care about the wait its just im not being given any info at all and its worrying since i paid over 500 dollars and it is said in the first post that no payment is needed until the pico is ready to ship.

I paid on 24 december 08 and I am still waiting, too. But I think there definitly are some communications. Just BEFORE you paid! After you paid, your emails are no longer replied. Everytime Justin appears in this thread, the only thing he said is like "I sent 20 or 30 or whatever picos this morning, and the others will be sent the next weeks." Why can't he just send the picos one by one? I paid the expensive shippment fee!

"I'm getting ready to ship your Pico order soon" That is what he said BEFORE I paid. Where is the getting ready to ship? Could someone say I am getting to pay you soon so please give me my pico first?

And the most important thing is that Justin never does anything to compensate his delay and no response.

Feb 10, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #3,115 of 3,724
I don't want to defend Justin or anything, but it's been mentioned a couple of times in the thread that the turnout for a Pico is usually 2-3 months.

Feb 10, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #3,116 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertgfdsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why can't he just send the picos one by one?

If I did that it would not be possible to keep up with orders because of the amount of time wasted in setup, changing tools, cleanup, shipping, etc. I have about 40 Picos in progress right now which are all of the remaining Pico Amp-only to ship, and also Pico w/ DAC -- for the Pico w/ DAC, I'm waiting to receive more assembled circuit boards. They'll be here by Wednesday.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 10, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #3,117 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to defend Justin or anything, but it's been mentioned a couple of times in the thread that the turnout for a Pico is usually 2-3 months.

I think the issue here is when Justin asks for payment that means that shipping is (relatively) imminent. The 2-3 month lead time I believe has to do with the gap from getting on the pre order list to getting the payment request (and then subsequent shipment of the amp).

My personal sequence of events to get a Pico is/was:

1. Put name on pre order list.
2. Some time passes. (the aforementioned 2-3 months)
3. Payment request I sent out by Justin. At this point shipment should be relatively soon following payment.
4. Payment sent and payment received by Justin
5. Amp sent out.
6. Amp received.

Now the time differential between the events of steps 3 and 4 should be relatively quick, unless payment was sent using a personal check, which can take some time to clear. Unless Justin's policy has cahnged I assume the question was asked because presumably Justin has/had his amp ready for shipment. Otherwise he wouldn't have done the payment request.

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #3,118 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Before I paid, Justin had updated this information and said current waiting is 2 WEEKS ,not 2 months. And what about "no payment is needed until the pico is ready to ship"?
devil_face.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #3,120 of 3,724
Hehe after many delays I'll finally be getting mine soon.
jecklinsmile.gif

Ordered May 22nd 2008 I believe
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back