HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Nov 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #2,853 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by reinhard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Justin,

I'd like to order a Pico, amp only, in black; can you tell me how long delivery is now?

Thanks,

Ken Reinhard

FWIW

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w.
I can guarantee any Pico ordered will ship before the end of the year

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #2,854 of 3,724
A question for anyone who owns this amp as well as an M³.

I do most in my listening in a remote work camp. Since I am here a month at a time I figured I would bother bringing my M³ up here. I figured since I just spent so much time building it, why not enjoy it fully. Ok, DIY Monica + M³ + PSU comes up to quite a package to cross the country with not counting the confused look on the security guard's face when I explained him what it was used for.

How does the pico compare, detail wise to the M³. Of course I expect it to not be as refined as that high power amp. But to what extent?

Would the pico have enough power/detail to eventualy power a pair of ATH-W5000 comfortably? I am guessing yes since Justin had L3000 in his first post photos. First hand experience anyone?

Greetings,

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #2,855 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by psykar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A question for anyone who owns this amp as well as an M³.

I do most in my listening in a remote work camp. Since I am here a month at a time I figured I would bother bringing my M³ up here. I figured since I just spent so much time building it, why not enjoy it fully. Ok, DIY Monica + M³ + PSU comes up to quite a package to cross the country with not counting the confused look on the security guard's face when I explained him what it was used for.

How does the pico compare, detail wise to the M³. Of course I expect it to not be as refined as that high power amp. But to what extent?

Would the pico have enough power to eventualy power a pair of ATH-W5000 descently?

That depends. To me, No. Naamanf and I tried his W5000 with my Pico last May and it wasn't as good as his M³ with bass contour knob and PSU. Then again, I thought the W5000 had no bass and they didn't sound good with my Woo WA6 or Dark Voice 336i either.

Usually the Pico is great with my full size headphones, but I just didn't like the W5000 with any amp - even with the bass turned up on the M³ I thought the upper mids were kinda honky and irritating, like the ATH-W11R I had for a week and sold (and like the CD3000).

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #2,857 of 3,724
can anyone show us some more pictures of the Pico in its many other colours?

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #2,860 of 3,724
Dear Justin,

I would like to order a Pico(amp only) with Ligth blue faceplate, silver body and knob.

Best regards,
Levy

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #2,861 of 3,724
Justin, I have just emailed you regarding a 'supposed' delivery attempt of my Pico (#655) in England, which failed.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #2,862 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please put me down for an all-black Pico with DAC and a 6' USB cable. What's the current wait? Thanks, dude!

guys guys... I dont know what to say....

the wait is said to be delivery before the end of the year. that question has been asked and answered already ON THIS VERY PAGE!!!! please do a bit of searching before asking in this case not even searching; just reading.

thats 3 people on the same page asking that question when it was answered by justin only a couple of pages ago and that answer was quoted already right here on this very page OMG

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #2,863 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys guys... I dont know what to say....

the wait is said to be delivery before the end of the year. that question has been asked and answered already ON THIS VERY PAGE!!!! please do a bit of searching before asking in this case not even searching; just reading.

thats 3 people on the same page asking that question when it was answered by justin only a couple of pages ago and that answer was quoted already right here on this very page OMG

It's head-fi. Even the newcomers fail to use to "SEARCH" function. What more can I say? LOL

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #2,864 of 3,724
I received my Pico this morning in England. My God I love it! Especially good using the usb DAC out of my thinkpad x200.

What a fantastic purchase, worth every penny. Looks beautiful too. I'll put some photos up later on of my setup.

Thankyou Justin. You were very helpful and succinct in your correspondence throughout. Highly recommended!

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #2,865 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my Pico this morning in England. My God I love it! Especially good using the usb DAC out of my thinkpad x200.

What a fantastic purchase, worth every penny. Looks beautiful too. I'll put some photos up later on of my setup.

Thankyou Justin. You were very helpful and succinct in your correspondence throughout. Highly recommended!

Hope you don't mind me asking
redface.gif
, but did you have customs fee to pay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back