HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Aug 29, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #2,521 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by nano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take for a PICO to arrive at my doorstep if i sign op now?

Just approximatly, 1month or like 5month?

And what color is this? Gray?

Yes.

Aug 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #2,522 of 3,724
Quote:

Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take for a PICO to arrive at my doorstep if i sign op now?

picogrgrgrdw6.jpg

Hmm, I posted my order May 22nd so it has been a little over 3 months now. I'm expecting to recieve mine before the end of September which would be 4months total.

Since Justin probably has close to (I assume) 200 orders to complete before getting into the 700s (He's working on 500-600 now, said should be done with in 2 weeks; info from post a page back) I think the wait would be at least 2months if ordered now. This assumes everything is instock.

That's my estimate.

Aug 29, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #2,524 of 3,724
Quote:

Auw
frown.gif
Hm, might grap a Predator then, and a PICO later on when he has catch up with all the pre-orders.

I wouldn't listen to the other estimates and would instead just ask Justin, only he knows where he's at in production and what affect, if any, your choice of color might have on the time line.

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #2,526 of 3,724
Are you sure he's working on 500 - 600. I'm 447 and although Justin got in touch to run some colours by me, there is no sign of the shipping notice and no sign of the Pico and no sign of Justin. I e-mailed him. No response.

Aug 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #2,527 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by willharris10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure he's working on 500 - 600. I'm 447 and although Justin got in touch to run some colours by me, there is no sign of the shipping notice and no sign of the Pico and no sign of Justin. I e-mailed him. No response.

if you wanted an unusual color scheme then that might be the cause of you r problem. apparently he's waiting on some coloured panels to come in before he can finish some of them. 'thats what I read a few pages back anyway.

That quote IS what he said to me; and he did say that he was really busy with orders 500-600; and that they would be finished in about 2 weeks. That was almost a week ago now too. Maybe he's shipping them all at the same time. making a batch and then packing/shipping them all together. I dunno, I suggest calling him if you can get a hold of some contact details.. I hope he doesn't do it that way because i'm 620 and i'll be buggered if I want to wait until he's finished #700.

good luck

Aug 30, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #2,528 of 3,724
Quote:

picogrgrgrdw6.jpg

That's a Photoshopped approximation what was done awhile back. The original photo was actually of a bronze one that belongs to Iron_Dreamer.

The actual Gunmetal Gray color is a little lighter than in that edited pic.

-Ed

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #2,533 of 3,724
I would like to order a Pico:

-With the USB DAC
- Color: Black.
- USB cable length: 3feet.

Do I pay when I'm contacted?

Sep 4, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #2,534 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infoseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I pay when I'm contacted?

Yes, that is indeed how it goes. When Justin is getting ready to work on the batch that your pre-order falls in, he will send you an email with a request for payment (usually via Google Checkout, but he may make other arrangements if you ask).

Note that once the payment is sent, your order is as good as gold but you may still be waiting a while for it to show up. From what I've gathered in recent posts, payment has preceeded shipping of the product from within 2 to 4 weeks. I paid 11 days ago and so far, no sign of a shipping notice. It doesn't bother me that I've paid in advance of shipping because I know the wait will be worth it.
smily_headphones1.gif

That said, here's hoping it still makes it to me before the end of next week so I have some vacation time left to start playing with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back