HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Feb 5, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #1,321 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by jterp7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a fellow W3J user
wink.gif
...or at least an Asus owner if I'm wrong lol

Asus W3V
biggrin.gif
I bought it when Asus first came out with the W3 model. It's over 2 years old and still works flawlessly.

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #1,322 of 3,724
Apologies if this has been asked but does the USB connection also charge the Pico? I currently have it plugged in via USB and the unit feels slightly warm, usually an indication of charging.

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #1,324 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine came in today as well. I forgot how TINY this thing really is.

That's interesting youre after me in the list, and you ordered pretty much the opposite of what I did, in theory at least, Justin should have been able to build and ship mine, he did say 2 weeks a little over 2 weeks ago, so heres hoping.

Feb 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #1,325 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by mp101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's interesting youre after me in the list, and you ordered pretty much the opposite of what I did, in theory at least, Justin should have been able to build and ship mine, he did say 2 weeks a little over 2 weeks ago, so heres hoping.

I think, and Justin I'm sure will correct me if I'm wrong, that he can drop ship the US orders much more easily but has to actually go to the Post Office to ship all of the international orders to fill out the customs paperwork and get it stamped by a postal official. I seem to remember him saying something at some point in this thread that as a result he'd be batch shipping the international orders to limit the number of trips to the PO. So it makes sense to me that international folks might have to wait just a bit longer since while your amp might be built it might be a few days before Justin can get down to the post office to send it out.

Feb 6, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #1,326 of 3,724
Justin said...

"Update: I'm finishing through #181 right now, and they'll be shipped tomorrow"

So I guess that's where it stands although that was nearly a week ago so we could be ready for a new batch soon.

Feb 6, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #1,327 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think, and Justin I'm sure will correct me if I'm wrong, that he can drop ship the US orders much more easily but has to actually go to the Post Office to ship all of the international orders to fill out the customs paperwork and get it stamped by a postal official. I seem to remember him saying something at some point in this thread that as a result he'd be batch shipping the international orders to limit the number of trips to the PO. So it makes sense to me that international folks might have to wait just a bit longer since while your amp might be built it might be a few days before Justin can get down to the post office to send it out.

Makes perfect sense.

Feb 6, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #1,330 of 3,724
Justin,

There was someone complaining about extra cost to be paid to UK shipment. I am very interested in the PICO, but can this unpleasant situation be avoided for international order?

Best Regards,
Roberto

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #1,332 of 3,724
I've almost got the new list ready, I've cleaned it up and removed names of people whose shipping date had passed, had never sent their email address, and didn't respond to a PM. I'm going to update it after I finish the ones I'm working on right now (18) which are shipping this week

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 7, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #1,333 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've almost got the new list ready, I've cleaned it up and removed names of people whose shipping date had passed, had never sent their email address, and didn't respond to a PM. I'm going to update it after I finish the ones I'm working on right now (18) which are shipping this week

thats great, when do you think it will be up, later tonight or tommorow?

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #1,334 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats great, when do you think it will be up, later tonight or tommorow?

I assume neither. I think he meant that he will ship the 18 units by the end of the week and then update the list.

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #1,335 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume neither. I think he meant that he will ship the 18 units by the end of the week and then update the list.

ohhh alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Back