HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Dec 16, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #558 of 3,724
I became aware of this thread just a little over an hour ago. I don't know what the difference is between the pre-order pricing and regular pricing. I would like to be put on the pre-order list for a Pico with the upsampling USB DAC. I would definitely like to pick a color other than black. I checked the other page and can't find any color samples. I would also like a USB cable, but I'm not sure what to get, or how much it costs. (or if ALO will be producing one...) Will any of this information be available here or at HeadAmp before payment needs to be sent? Is this post sufficient at this point to be placed on the list and the other details worked out later?

Dec 16, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #559 of 3,724
Here is a link to the Order Status page at Headamp.com. You can see the colors that were ordered. I don't know if there is anyplace where you can see the actual color case other than black. The usb cables are included and are 1, 3, or 6 feet, you choose.

You need to tell Justin the color you want, that dac is included and length of the usb cables and provide an emal address.

Dec 16, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #560 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I became aware of this thread just a little over an hour ago. I don't know what the difference is between the pre-order pricing and regular pricing. I would like to be put on the pre-order list for a Pico with the upsampling USB DAC. I would definitely like to pick a color other than black. I checked the other page and can't find any color samples. I would also like a USB cable, but I'm not sure what to get, or how much it costs. (or if ALO will be producing one...) Will any of this information be available here or at HeadAmp before payment needs to be sent? Is this post sufficient at this point to be placed on the list and the other details worked out later?

I have not heard of any price difference between pre-order and every day regular pricing, that's not say there won't be a difference just that I've not heard of anything myself. From my understanding the pre-order was put in place first and foremost to gauge interest and second to build a queue so to speak.

Again, to my knowledge, Justin keeps tabs on this thread and should add you to the pre-order queue, which according to his sites list stands at 160 as of now, but I also suggest contacting him directly so he can get contact information from you.

The amp/DAC combo comes with a USB of either 1, 3 or 6 feet included you just have to let Justin know which length you prefer. At this point I believe the color choices are limited to Black, Clear/Silver or a Gun Metal Grey. You should really read through the thread carefully as there is a wealth of information and pics depicting the finishes.

Dec 16, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #561 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can see colors of the AE-2 here: HeadAmp - Audio Electronics (AE-2 Portable Headphone Amp)

The pico colors will be similar, except the enclosures are polished, so they will appear darker/more contrast than these colors. There is also gray, here is an example of an AE-2 with a gray body/knob and clear (silver) panels: http://www.headamp.com/ae2_gray.jpg

I will be including a USB cable of 1, 3, or 6ft. Additional cables can be purchased for $8 each

I hope to keep regular pricing for the Pico w/ USB DAC the same as pre-order pricing. It will depend on my final costs, which I won't know until I've shipped a good number of them. But it is already clear to me that I will have to raise the price of the Pico amp-only version after the pre-order period.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 16, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #562 of 3,724
Placing my pre-order for a black, amp only, Pico.

Thanks.

Dec 16, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #563 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can see colors of the AE-2 here: HeadAmp - Audio Electronics (AE-2 Portable Headphone Amp)

The pico colors will be similar, except the enclosures are polished, so they will appear darker/more contrast than these colors. There is also gray, here is an example of an AE-2 with a gray body/knob and clear (silver) panels: http://www.headamp.com/ae2_gray.jpg

I will be including a USB cable of 1, 3, or 6ft. Additional cables can be purchased for $8 each

I hope to keep regular pricing for the Pico w/ USB DAC the same as pre-order pricing. It will depend on my final costs, which I won't know until I've shipped a good number of them. But it is already clear to me that I will have to raise the price of the Pico amp-only version after the pre-order period.

Justin,
Thank you for such a rapid clarification of my various questions. I would like to pre-order a Pico with the upsampling USB DAC in silver with a one and a three foot USB cable. Do I need to place this information anywhere else? How and when does one arrange payment, and what are we looking at in terms of when this unit would be shipped? Thanks, looks like a nice piece of work...

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #564 of 3,724
As requested here's the post.

I'd like a gray bodied/knobbed Pico (with silver panels) as in your example above with DAC and 1 feet USB cable.

Now, who needs christmas when what I want will probably arrive *after* that particular time of celebrating bearded men in red clothes?
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #566 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illidan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait any longer...
smily_headphones1.gif

So you are forfeiting you position in line and getting you money back.
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #568 of 3,724
Justin's pre-order list is fairly long right now. Here is the link:
HeadAmp - Audio Electronics

And if I just read correctly you are on the list at position about 169.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back