HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jul 30, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #2,416 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
update for those waiting patiently - #433 received yesterday (international)

Thanks for the info.......

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #2,417 of 3,724
What is the wait typically....

I only ask because I am seriously considereing getting one of these in the AMP version. This is a very good sounding amp and I think it is almost time to move up from the headsix....if i had more money though...I would likely get an iQube or maybe a Predator (just wish that the Pred didn't have a DAC and was a bit more in my price range - though the price range of the iQube be included).

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #2,418 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the wait typically....

I only ask because I am seriously considereing getting one of these in the AMP version. This is a very good sounding amp and I think it is almost time to move up from the headsix....if i had more money though...I would likely get an iQube or maybe a Predator (just wish that the Pred didn't have a DAC and was a bit more in my price range - though the price range of the iQube be included).

I think the wait is about 5 months, plenty of time to save the cash.

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #2,419 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the wait is about 5 months, plenty of time to save the cash.

That isn't accurate. It's about 2 months as of right now. Anyone who waited 5 months was due to being at the worst time. There was about a 2 month gap when I was out of parts this spring. Parts that were ordered within days of posting this thread last year and realizing demand was a lot more than I expected. It takes about 6 months for everything to go through all the required vendors.

If you're on the pre-order list or have recently made a request they should all go out in August or September at the latest

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 30, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #2,420 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That isn't accurate. It's about 2 months as of right now. Anyone who waited 5 months was due to being at the worst time. There was about a 2 month gap when I was out of parts this spring. Parts that were ordered within days of posting this thread last year and realizing demand was a lot more than I expected. It takes about 6 months for everything to go through all the required vendors.

If you're on the pre-order list or have recently made a request they should all go out in August or September at the latest

Great news Justin, thanks for the update.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #2,425 of 3,724
Can someone point me to the colour scheme post? can't seem to find it with search button.

I just saw a black unit but seems quick prone to finger print, just wonder how the gunmetal and silver looks like as an alternative.

BTW, anyone knows if the gunmetal or silver are in painted finish or alluminium anodized?

Thanks.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #2,426 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone point me to the colour scheme post? can't seem to find it with search button.

I just saw a black unit but seems quick prone to finger print, just wonder how the gunmetal and silver looks like as an alternative.

BTW, anyone knows if the gunmetal or silver are in painted finish or alluminium anodized?

Thanks.

There are other pics scattered around but I have a link.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/pic...thread-280805/ (some pics are missing)...mine is on page 3! Back in Black
biggrin.gif

You can maybe see a few other Pico pics if you click on my sig... if you feel like skipping through a few hundred pics.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #2,427 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for Justin (or anyone else who's tried it)

Can the rubber feet be removed from the Pico safely after they've been attached? Is there an easy way of doing this?

I never attached the rubber feet on mine but they seem to be the typical sticky type which I'm pretty sure could be removed without any difficulty or residue.

Aug 4, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #2,429 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for Justin (or anyone else who's tried it)

Can the rubber feet be removed from the Pico safely after they've been attached? Is there an easy way of doing this?

when i removed the rubber feet from my pico, there was sticky residue remaining. a little bit of nail-polish remover cleaned them off easily.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #2,430 of 3,724
Received my amp today. I am very excited after my long and patient wait. Justin, I have to give you props on this little gem. I am very impressed with the small size and apparent build quality. Nice Job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back