HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Mar 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #452 of 1,464
I'm waiting for an address from Justin. But haven't received one. I guess I'll wait 
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #458 of 1,464
He has the leather pads, he posted a pic on the last page. He's... confused, is all.

Bowei, this is the vegan, which you don't have.

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #462 of 1,464
I passed off the West Coast LCD2 to johnman1116 today.

I really liked the LCD2. I have the HE-500 to compare. What everyone says about the LCD2 compared to the HE-500 is true. Just slightly better bass that hits harder on the LCD2 and some rolled off treble. Also the soundstage on the LCD2 is different from the HE-500. It's more closed and a bit more focused, and the HE-500 soundstage is wider, more open and more diffuse. 

In the end the LCD2 was a tiny better for certain types of music (electronic, with lots of bass for example, where the closed intimacy works well) and worse for others where I missed the more open, airy nature of the HE-500. I think the HE-500 is a better all-rounder that fits all types of music but if I just had the LCD2 I don't think I'd really complain either, as I do listen to mostly electronic. The HE-500 is absolutely no slouch when it comes to bass and the LCD2 was just marginally better here.

In the end they're both very similar in sound quality with differences in sound signature and soundstage. Both are really outstanding headphones.

Thanks to Justin for the demo!

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #464 of 1,464
Quote:
I passed off the West Coast LCD2 to johnman1116 today.

I really liked the LCD2. I have the HE-500 to compare. What everyone says about the LCD2 compared to the HE-500 is true. Just slightly better it bass that hits harder on the LCD2 and some rolled off treble. Also the soundstage on the LCD2 is different from the HE-500. It's more closed and a bit more focused, and the HE-500 soundstage is wider, more open and more diffuse. 

In the end the LCD2 was a tiny better for certain types of music (electronic, with lots of bass for example, where the closed intimacy works well) and worse for others where I missed the more open, airy nature of the HE-500. I think the HE-500 is a better all-rounder that fits all types of music but if I just had the LCD2 I don't think I'd really complain either, as I do listen to mostly electronic. The HE-500 is absolutely no slouch when it comes to bass and the LCD2 was just marginally better here.

In the end they're both very similar in sound quality with differences in sound signature and soundstage. Both are really outstanding headphones.

Thanks to Justin for the demo!

+1

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #465 of 1,464
The unit has been sent out to Steve 2151 through UPS Ground with Insurance.

Actually it's been sent to me, and steve will be getting the lcd2 shortly after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back