HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Apr 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #482 of 1,464
Can't wait for the Stax..! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #483 of 1,464
That's not irony ...

Well, whatever. If he thinks the vegan is dark, the leather wouldn't do him any favkrs, if darkness is an issue for him.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #484 of 1,464
It's a little darker than what I'm normally used to, but it's definitely flagship level sound and a step up from my HD 580. The bass digs really deep and there's more of it when compared to the HE-6. 

The low amping requirement is a big win. I'm very impressed by the LCD-2 when paired with my portable rig (iPod Classic/XM6). I'd quantify it as being within 10% of my desktop rig technicalities-wise and a bit more musical with the crossfeed enhancement enabled. This combo put a big smile on my face when listening to pop, dance, and electronic music. 

I prefer the HD 800 for orchestra, acoustic, and female vocals and the HE-6 for jazz and classic rock. The HD 800 and to a lesser extent, the HE-6, do have technical advantages in instrument separation, soundstage size, and detail extraction. However, with most modern recordings,  all you need is a more intimate and less revealing presentation and that's exactly what the LCD-2 delivers. 

Like I said earlier, pads are great, but the headband is a bit of a letdown. Mac336 mentioned that he felt the Audeze was ahead of the Hifiman in comfort, but I feel the reverse is true. On my head, there's almost no clamp from the pads, so most of the weight of the headphone is being supported by the too thin headband. I feel the HE-6 has a more agreeable balance of pad clamp and headband pressure. The HD 800 runs away with this category by virtue of weighing about half as much and having no clamp.

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #485 of 1,464
How are we coming along with the Stax demo setup? Any new pictures to share or impressions?

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #488 of 1,464
I'm sure Justin has been in contact with whoever has the Stax at this point but it seems strange that people aren't checking in more often to this thread. Everyone, please post when you get them, when you send them out, and your impressions (with pics if you can!).

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #489 of 1,464
It feels like people are getting a longer time with the demos. I had the LCD2 for 3 days. Now it feels like people are holding the demos for almost a week.

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #490 of 1,464
The bamboo LCD-2 has been sent to prtuc2. Justin, thanks again for providing the loaner pairs.

I'd love to see what people have to say about the Stax setup. I've heard the lambdas described as a circumaural Etymotic ER4, which can be quite addictive. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #492 of 1,464
Quote:
Sorry I had them for so long. Justin seems to be busy and it took some to get the next address. Also I had delivered it to smellyfungys today.

Dang I miss them
frown.gif
miss having $1000 headphones..
Waiting on the stax now
smily_headphones1.gif

confirming i got the west coast LCD's from johnman1116 today. at work so i didnt get a chance to listen to them yet but I will tomorrow. will most likely ship em out weds or thurs, just need to get the info on the next guy from justin.

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #493 of 1,464
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry I had them for so long. Justin seems to be busy and it took some to get the next address. Also I had delivered it to smellyfungys today.

Dang I miss them
frown.gif
miss having $1000 headphones..
Waiting on the stax now
smily_headphones1.gif

confirming i got the west coast LCD's from johnman1116 today. at work so i didnt get a chance to listen to them yet but I will tomorrow. will most likely ship em out weds or thurs, just need to get the info on the next guy from justin.

Replied to PM
smile.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #494 of 1,464
Guys, the reason the shipments are now taking longer is because Justin is taking extra care that the next person is ready to receive. That's why I had the Stax for a week, the moment I got the next address I sent it off. I personally think this is the best policy.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #495 of 1,464
Quote:
Guys, the reason the shipments are now taking longer is because Justin is taking extra care that the next person is ready to receive. That's why I had the Stax for a week, the moment I got the next address I sent it off. I personally think this is the best policy.

Sounds good. So what are your impressions on the Stax setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back