Headamp GS-1 vs Gilmore Lite
Jan 17, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #46 of 50
Hey joey, just wanted to say that the second time I read your review, its been very helpful. Too bad its made me even more undecided on which I might want to try out, the GS-1 or the Glite. Even though the GS-1 might sound better, I may just end up with the Glite because of its price and smaller size (being a college student). Still though, its darn tempting!

I e-mailed Headamp if I could audition their G-lite, and I have yet to hear back from him.

~Thanks again!

<edit> Heard back from Justin, turns out he was away for a few days.</edit>

Jul 30, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #47 of 50
Darn, I read this post again and now I want to upgrade to the GS-1.
Curse you Head-Fi!

I don't know, but to me I think if you are to get the DPS for the G-lite, might as well just get the GS-1. You get a design that's all in one, with more features, upgraded PS, different volume pot, module design, etc etc.

Decisions Decisions.

Jul 30, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7
Darn, I read this post again and now I want to upgrade to the GS-1.
Curse you Head-Fi!

I don't know, but to me I think if you are to get the DPS for the G-lite, might as well just get the GS-1. You get a design that's all in one, with more features, upgraded PS, different volume pot, module design, etc etc.

Decisions Decisions.

A I mentioned in another post, I couldn't justify spending 200$ on the DPS, but I could justify spending 400$ more for a gs-1 lol. Its really a terrific terrific amp.

Jul 30, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #49 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
A I mentioned in another post, I couldn't justify spending 200$ on the DPS, but I could justify spending 400$ more for a gs-1 lol. Its really a terrific terrific amp.

Yea, I'm thinking of upgrading before the start of my next semester at college.

I was originally thinking of just a DAC (Zhaolu 2.0) and perhapse a headphone upgrade (Grado RS-2?). But, I may just add this to the list as well.

I havn't had my G-Lite for more then a month, so I can still take advantage of his trade up program.

Jul 30, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #50 of 50
GRRR!!! i was planning on getting the Lite but now after reading this thread i really want the GS-1 really bad
frown.gif
this is so upsetting since i can only afford the lite without the dps. If you people would stop reviewing everything and telling us how good it is maybe we could lose the upgrade bug
580smile.gif
wait then what would i spend countless hours wishing i had.

P.S. thanks for the reiview now i know that the lite is the amp for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back