HeadAmp Customer Service?
Oct 9, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #16 of 44
Nearly two months later and still no amp. I was given a tracking number ten days ago and USPS is telling me the package STILL has not entered the mail-stream. I've never had an experience like this before.

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #18 of 44
I wouldn't feel comfortable with the lack of communication and ridiculously long waits from any manufacturer no matter how good the product is.

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #19 of 44
Am having the same sort of experience -- no response to several emails about a return - finally shipped the item back (within the return period), and got no acknowledgement of that either (but did get delivery confirmation).  So now Justin's got his amp, and my money.  I am happy to see that while others have had communications problems, no one seems to have been ripped off -- just inconvenienced.  Still, I am not a happy camper, and would not do business w/ him again.

It's odd because I have generally had VERY good experiences w/ businesses that are active on this board, so HeadAmp's lack of response to inquiries is quite a contrast.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #20 of 44
Obviously, Headamp is a legit seller with very solid products.  But service also comes into people's buying decisions.  They should increase their communications to customers as that's what is expected in this day of quick email.

I recently purchase from Burson.  Received an email within 5 minutes and product shipped to my front door in four days (Australia to Chicago).  I'm not claiming the Burson is better or worse than Headamp products--just comparing the service levels.

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #21 of 44

Quote:
Am having the same sort of experience -- no response to several emails about a return - finally shipped the item back (within the return period), and got no acknowledgement of that either (but did get delivery confirmation).  So now Justin's got his amp, and my money.  I am happy to see that while others have had communications problems, no one seems to have been ripped off -- just inconvenienced.  Still, I am not a happy camper, and would not do business w/ him again.

It's odd because I have generally had VERY good experiences w/ businesses that are active on this board, so HeadAmp's lack of response to inquiries is quite a contrast.

I received 3 emails from you, ALL of them between 12/9 and 12/13 which were days that I was traveling and away from home.  Your 3rd email said that you had shipped the product back to me.  I thought OK, I'll refund you when it arrives.  I signed for it this afternoon, was then out for several hours, and just returned to find another email and a paypal dispute.  Please, relax a bit.  P.S. - my return rate is well below 1% so generally things go out the door and never come back, so I do not have a streamlined procedure for things like this.  I've fallen a bit behind the times and do not do smart phone email but if you call me I will answer if able.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 17, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #22 of 44
Rather than pointing fingers at a customer who might have become a long term customer, the savvy move might have been to apologize for having been out of touch -- or better yet, to have an "out of office" message automatically sent to customers who try to reach you when you're not available.  What you perhaps don't appreciate is that while YOU may have every confidence in your own reliability & good faith, for a customer who doesn't know you and is doing business over the internet with you for the FIRST time -- when a vendor fails to even acknowledge, even by auto response, several attempts to reach him/her, it leads one to worry that you've just watched your hard earned $$ go up in smoke, and all you can do is watch it happen.

Still - for anyone who is interested, Justin did promptly provide a refund once he did get to responding to my concerns, and all's well that ends well.

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #23 of 44

Not very pleased right now.

Sent two emails to Justin - no response.

I want my order to have a silver volume knob with a black outer shell and an ETA of shipment.

You there Justin... :p

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #26 of 44
I tried calling but no answer.

Got a reply from you.

No worries, just trying to get hold of you :wink:

I don't have any doubt that you're a busy guy.

Quote:
you should give people an opportunity to reply.  an email sent friday and not replied to on monday is not the end of the world, i will get to it.  can also PM or call me if the email gets lost in the inbox

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #30 of 44
Good luck with that, it's about time Verizon got the Iphone... As an aside, I exchanged no less than 8 emails with the CTO of High Resolution Technologies (makers of the Music Streamer Dacs) due to a minor issue I am having with one of their products. My first email was answered within 5 minutes. Needless to say, I am impressed with their level of customer service and have confidence in their support in handling customer issues in a TIMELY fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back