HeadAmp Customer Service?
Aug 31, 2009 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

javertim

500+ Head-Fier
So, it's been about 3 weeks since I've placed my order for a Gilmore Lite amp, and I haven't heard a single thing from HeadAmp. No confirmation email (save for the one PayPal sent me), no response to emails or phone calls. I'm starting to get a little worried, since both PayPal (and my bank account) are telling me that HeadAmp does, in fact, have my money. But after 2 emails and numerous call attempts ... nothing.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience with HeadAmp? I'm honestly starting to get a little worried.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 44
I've also had problems in my interactions with HeadAmp. Fortunately, while certainly not perfect, it's proven itself to be nothing but a great little business at the end of the day. Justin is just slow to get back to people is all. Sometimes he isn't, but that seems to depend more on luck than anything else. If I were you, I wouldn't worry.

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 44
Expect delays and black-outs in terms of communications. I agree though that the products are of the highest standard; whether or not you can handle going unanswered for weeks (or months) at a time is a personal preference.

I thoroughly enjoyed ownership of both the Gilmore Lite w/ DPS and GS-1: great sounding, rock solid, superb build. Having said that though, sadly and admittedly the lack of comms was one of the reason I left the marque.

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 44
Communication and delivery can be very slow, but you'll get your amp - of that I'm certain. I had to wait ages for news and delivery of my Pico, but it was well worth the wait.

Sep 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #6 of 44
No need to worry, that is part of the Headamp experience.

Eventually you will get your amp (or get your money back as I did, since I couldn't do the waiting time.)

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #8 of 44
Running a digital storefront doesn't mean that you can skimp on hiring a sales rep to field questions and follow up on transactions.

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #9 of 44
I've never bought anything from HeadAmp. However, I'm with anetode. I don't think any company can afford lousy customer service, even if the product is good.

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #10 of 44
Noticed it said 3 weeks on the website I am seriously considering a Gilmore Lite I hear
nothing but good about their products just seems to be a delay in receiving them.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #11 of 44
I can say I've always had very prompt responses from Justin. I ordered my Gilmore Lite when he had a few already to ship, but even just recently he's replied very quickly to my emails.

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #13 of 44
I've had only positive experiences with Justin and have enjoyed using his amps...AE-2, Pico & Gilmore Lite. People get busy, get behind in work and can't always be everywhere/respond quickly.

There is a telephone number at the HeadAmp website. I've never called Justin but this is an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back