HeadAmp Customer Service?
Jan 30, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #31 of 44
Hi Justin,

Change of plans - I don't want the amp anymore as my budget is really tight right now.

Please cancel the order and refund me via PayPal ASAP (sent you an email as well).

You've been a great help.

Quote:
That's almost possible.  I bought a 3GS in Nov 2009 and returned it because i got 0 bars indoors.  useless.  I'm on Verizon so a switch is possible now.

Feb 11, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #32 of 44
Last week I read this thread with slight alarm as I nervously awaited any news on my recently ordered Pico USB DAC, but I now feel like it would only be appropriate to say that my fears were baseless. Justin is obviously a very busy man, and that was made apparent when no mention of my DAC was made for over a week after I had ordered it. However, Justin quickly shipped my DAC the day after I emailed him inquiring about it, for which I give him big props. Currently listening to my new DAC and loving it. With regard to service, keep in mind that this guy is working by himself and that bigger orders will probably take longer to assemble...and the best things are worth waiting for! I would definitely do business with HeadAmp again.

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #33 of 44
I wouldn't recommend anyone to do business with Headamp at all for several reasons.
Let me put it this way - I wouldn't do business UNLESS you
  • are incredibly patient, ready to wait months for your product (frequently the case with such products, BUT) without ever getting a single line or status update
  • don't mind paying hundreds of dollars online without even getting a confirmation of payment or the slightest notice that anything's being done - again, for months
  • you're fine with your "lifetime warranty" most probably being subject to this same "process/experience"

The fact that any response from Headamp will probably not result in an acknowledgement of this feedback and/or apology, but self-defense or counter-offense, should confirm/preview the experience you'll have (see previous replies in this threat).

Just my experience and advice. Read up and you'll notice that it mirrors that of many.
-chron

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #36 of 44
I am the proud owner of one of the original Pico amp/DAC combo units and I can fully sympathize with the posts from anxious buyers who haven't had good communication with HeadAmp. I placed my order on the pre-order thread in mid-May 2008 and didn't receive my unit until mid-October 2008. I went through some of the same periods of trepidation, anxiously awaiting news on the shipment. Heck, for quite a while I wasn't even sure my order had been acknowledged as I didn't get a payment request until late Aug. 2008.

That all being said and done, I would not hesitate to order from HeadAmp again. Their products are superbly manufactured - as Justin mentioned he doesn't often have units come back to him, which speaks volumes about the great build quality. While I can sympathize with others waiting for their new toys to arrive, you don't have to worry about losing your hard earned money - Justin and HeadAmp will deliver!

Part of the problem is that we live in a society that has become used to instant gratification. I'm as guilty as the next party in wanting what I ordered and paid for as quickly as possible.Thankfully, as I've come to learn, good things come to those who wait. My Pico has served me flawlessly since I received it. Hopefully I'll have enough cash saved up to order a GS-1 later this year and I'll be happy to wait for it.

Thanks Justin!

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #37 of 44
All I can say is that I have paid Justin in full, for my Blue Hawaii SE, and Stax SR 009's, and the amp and headphones are over a year overdue from the promised delivery date. It is very hard to get him to answer the phone or answer any email. I hope the amp will have been worth waiting for, but really it has been an unprecedentedly difficult purchase experience. Justin, are you listening, will you send me finally my amp and headphones?

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #38 of 44
  All I can say is that I have paid Justin in full, for my Blue Hawaii SE, and Stax SR 009's, and the amp and headphones are over a year overdue from the promised delivery date. It is very hard to get him to answer the phone or answer any email. I hope the amp will have been worth waiting for, but really it has been an unprecedentedly difficult purchase experience. Justin, are you listening, will you send me finally my amp and headphones?

That's kind of disappointing to hear... I've been planning on ordering a GS-X but reading this is making me a little anxious. I'll admit that I'm still disappointed that Headamp didn't answer my phone calls or emails when I contacted them about a replacement battery for my Pico DAC/amp. It didn't matter - eventually I was able to source a battery locally and I just had to change the connector by cutting it off the original pack and soldering it onto the new one.

That's not the point though - if Headamp customer service isn't improving, it does give way to reluctance on placing future orders. Maybe we're just the unlucky ones... you know that its usually only complaints that get posted, while those that are happy are often content (probably because they're busy using their products). I would be nice to hear if our cases are the norm or the exception.

Dale

Aug 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #39 of 44

sorry for the wait, i have been posting frequent updates in the BHSE thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition

here are some of the amps getting finished

as for the GS-X mk2, the last batch is almost entirely shipped and the next batch is already being assembled.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Aug 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #40 of 44
Hi Justin:
You sent me out an email a couple of months ago stating that full payment was requested and the amps were getting ready to be shipped. I would not have sent you final payment if I knew the amp was not fully tested and ready to be shipped. Now that I have sent you such payment, I would request that you at least inform me of a specific date when you know for sure you will be shipping the amp. I would certainly appreciate being taken out of limbo status with such a great deal of money having been spent. I feel it is only reasonable to know this.
Thanks for making such great products, but please inform me when I will receive the products purchased.
LeRoy

Aug 3, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #41 of 44
LeRoy,

i do request payment before the amps are finished, because not everyone pays and then there are also order change requests, so if i were to assemble everything before the payments i would end up with about 20% of the amps being the wrong spec. The 2 volume control choices, 2 choices of headphone jacks, 3 voltages, and 5 colors ends up with 60 different possible combinations -- way too many. Unfortunately it took longer than expected to get from that point to the time when they are ready to ship, but it is very close now, and they should be getting plugged in starting this week. I just bought 4 more workbenches, 2 were assembled today and 2 more tomorrow, so i can have as many of these amps running as possible. if my electricity and air conditioning can keep up, i will be able to test 1/4 of the batch at a time, and will run each set for 1 week before shipping them

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Aug 4, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #42 of 44
  LeRoy,

i do request payment before the amps are finished, because not everyone pays and then there are also order change requests, so if i were to assemble everything before the payments i would end up with about 20% of the amps being the wrong spec. The 2 volume control choices, 2 choices of headphone jacks, 3 voltages, and 5 colors ends up with 60 different possible combinations -- way too many. Unfortunately it took longer than expected to get from that point to the time when they are ready to ship, but it is very close now, and they should be getting plugged in starting this week. I just bought 4 more workbenches, 2 were assembled today and 2 more tomorrow, so i can have as many of these amps running as possible. if my electricity and air conditioning can keep up, i will be able to test 1/4 of the batch at a time, and will run each set for 1 week before shipping them

I reckon you should simplify things and eliminate all but the voltage choices, or at most make a fixed ratio of, say, black and silver and offer slots which can't be changed once pre-ordered. If you don't have the time for the complexity, eliminate it.

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #43 of 44
I sent my pico slim to Justin for the warranty repair. Its already 6 months, I didn't any answer from him. I made few calls to headamp every time he always said oh I forgot I will sent out next week. And now there is nobody to answer the phone or my email. This the worst customer service I ever had in my life. I wrote on his facebook page lol, he just ignored me. I wrote on his GS-X thread 4 weeks ago and I still didnt have news or receive my amp back. Here is the link to the thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/632948/the-headamp-gs-x-and-gs-x-mk2-thread/3360#post_10734516. I dont know how much more time he need to repair charge mechanism and replace battery. As a customer I am really pissed by his customer service. 

JDS Labs is also made in USA supplier, I sent my C5D back to them to fix the software problem, they sent me back my amp in 1 week! 

Justin always have some excuses blah blah blah he didnt anwser the phone or his email or his facebook. 

Honestly, when I received my pico slim I was impressed by this amazing small amp and even if you check his facebook I even wrote some good work for it, but now I have no respect for him. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back