Headamp communication issues?
May 27, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #47 of 85
Has anyone who's been waiting for a GS-1 get their's yet? Two weeks ago I got an email from Justin saying mine would be in shipping in a couple of days. I haven't heard (or received) anything since.

May 28, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #48 of 85
Dear Justin,

I am t1174 and my e-mails address is t1174@hotmail.com. I have ordered a GS-X in 28, Feb 2008. But so far I still not yet get the amp. Also after the e-mail in 26, Mar 2008, I have no response form you, including 3 e-mails and 3 PM in Head-fi.

I know that you are so busy now. But I want to get the amp soon in order to demo it in a headphone meeting in Hong Kong. I hope that it can drive my AKG K1000 and Grado RS-1 well.

Can you please send me a reply what is the status of the amp now and so that I can modify my plan if needed.

Thanks

t1174
t1174@hotmail.com

May 29, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #50 of 85
I have a similar issue, except that I ordered the dedicated power supply for the Gilmore Lite. I called Justin about 4 weeks ago and he said he will be working on some Gilmore Lites over the weekend. I have not heard from him since. It has been almost 3 months since I ordered. Anyone ordered a power supply around early March? Have you received yours yet?

I guess Justin is just really busy with the Picos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone who's been waiting for a GS-1 get their's yet? Two weeks ago I got an email from Justin saying mine would be in shipping in a couple of days. I haven't heard (or received) anything since.

May 29, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #51 of 85
I called Justin in early May and inquired about a Gilmore Lite that had been ordered the end of January.He promised to have it in the mail the following week.It arrived May 21st but was postmarked May12th.
My Headfive has not been turned on since the Lite arrived.It does seem to sound better each passing day.
By the way it appears the Dedicated power supply is no longer listed separately on his Order page.

May 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #52 of 85
Since my last post I got a response from Justin. He has all the parts and is working through his list.

Johnjac - thanks for letting us know about your Gilmore Lite. Your impressions of the GL have lifted my spirits....I have never sampled a headamp product and am looking forward to the GS-1.

Justin seems to be very busy.

May 29, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #53 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I called Justin in early May and inquired about a Gilmore Lite that had been ordered the end of January.He promised to have it in the mail the following week.It arrived May 21st but was postmarked May12th.
My Headfive has not been turned on since the Lite arrived.It does seem to sound better each passing day.
By the way it appears the Dedicated power supply is no longer listed separately on his Order page.

Justin recently informed me in passing that the Gilmore Lite DPS is going to be discontinued soon if it hasn't been already. Too bad now for anyone that was planning on getting the stack sometime in the future.

May 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #54 of 85
Quote:

The same thing happened to me. I haven't heard anything.

May 29, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #56 of 85
Quote:

FYI, I got a shipping notification email last night.

Cool!

May 29, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #57 of 85
I put an order in for a Gilmore Lite back in March of this year, and my initial thoughts were to wait on getting the Gilmore Lite DPS. A day after I put in the order, I contacted Justin and asked to add a DPS to the list. Now hearing that the DPS has been discontinued, I'm really glad I added one to my order!

Any ideas on why the DPS is being discontinued? Is the Gilmore Lite being replaced?

On another note, I haven't heard from Justin about my order since I asked to add the DPS. Nothing. Guess he must be really busy...

May 29, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #58 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermodem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any ideas on why the DPS is being discontinued?

Anything words on the subject from anyone besides Justin would just be speculation. I can only imagine (OK, speculate), though, that since so many Gilmore Lite owners end up wanting to add the DPS down the road, they might as well be encouraged to just buy it with the amp in the first place. Effectively cutting down on all the small-time orders should help to streamline building and processing time for bigger orders. If this does have anything to do with the decision to discontinue the DPS, then I think it makes good sense. All those orders for a DPS from people buying used Gilmore Lites must surely impede the turnaround time of other customers' (larger) orders.

May 29, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #59 of 85
I've since deleted the PM where Justin told me why he was discontinuing the DPS so I'm going off memory, but it had something to do with him not making any money off of it and it no longer made much sense to keep producing it. As far as I can tell, the Gilmore Lite by itself is not being discontinued.

May 29, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #60 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it had something to do with him not making any money off of it and it no longer made much sense to keep producing it.

This is basically what I was suggesting, too, with the "small-time orders." It must be a lot of hassle to set up a new customer account and build and ship an order for just a low-margin DPS.

EDIT: This should have an interesting effect on the value of used Gilmore Lites without the DPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back