Headamp communication issues?
Apr 10, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #17 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael K-701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard from Justin, and he has confirmed that he is a VERY busy person right now.

I look forward to enjoying his quality amplification on my K-701's.

Warmly,
Michael

Yes... apparently his products are just too popular.

I contacted him today re: a GS-1... and... he responded within 2 hrs - no problem. And... he alerted me that he's got about a 6+ week backlog, before he could get to my GS-1.

So... it doesn't seem to be another "Shellbrook" kind of situation after all.

Just great products that are too much in demand for his small shop to manage very quickly.

Apr 10, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #18 of 85
Quote:

I contacted him today re: a GS-1... and... he responded within 2 hrs - no problem. And... he alerted me that he's got about a 6+ week backlog, before he could get to my GS-1.

Do you know if Justin actually has the enclosures yet? He's been waiting for them for some time now.

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #20 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Out of curiosity, when did you order your GS-1? I ordered mine back on January 17 and haven't had any contact from him yet.

Apr 10, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #21 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPodschun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiosity, when did you order your GS-1? I ordered mine back on January 17 and haven't had any contact from him yet.

Well... I didn't actually order it yet. He advised me that he wasn't taking deposits for it now, since he has a 6 week backlog.

Wow... Jan 17 is a long time... especially if he hasn't responded to you in all that time.

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #22 of 85
Clearly, it would be better for all of us if Justin could clone himself...twice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #23 of 85
justin should consider doing what craig of eddie current does - taking orders and making amps in batches. that seems like a good idea.

Apr 10, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
justin should consider doing what craig of eddie current does - taking orders and making amps in batches. that seems like a good idea.

Or hire someone.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #25 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He does, the problem is all the batches are Pico
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #26 of 85
On March 1st, I got this email from Justin about the GS-1 I ordered on Dec. 9th. "I should have it ready to ship in 2-3 weeks. Almost have the enclosures finished which is what I am waiting on."

I am not complaining about the waiting time. I just wanted to let you know what Justin told me for your information (I guess my information is over a month old though...).

Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know if Justin actually has the enclosures yet? He's been waiting for them for some time now.

Apr 11, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #27 of 85
I ordered(and paid for) a Gilmore Lite on Jan.30th. Yesterday I called Justin to see what was going on with delivery. He answered on the first ring and told me that he would likely be doing some Lites on the weekend and hopefully would have them in mail early next week.

Apr 11, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #28 of 85
Wow jan 17. I am February 12.
The only beef that I have with these waiting times, is that you can't keep people waiting without communication. I know that will increase wait time, but it will avoid threads like this that cant be good for the company, and also just put buyers at ease. Also, I dont buy the one man operation excuse. If you can't handle the work load, get someone to help you, even though, that also has a negative effect on us customers by him possible raising the price. I know I would pay an extra 100 bucks to get my product on time and have good communication.
I know us customers posting these post can't help our wait time. :p

Apr 11, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #29 of 85
This is always the case when buying thing from DIY which produce good quality product. Yes, he could get someone to help but he might never satisfied unless he is doing it himself this is how he produce good quality product. Keep in mind that he is taking order from around the world.

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #30 of 85
Just an update on my headamp experience.
So I FINALLY got some communication from justin today, but not because he made the effort. I had to call him, again, and he actually picked up!

It was weird, when I told him that I was going to cancel my order, he didn't care. There was no effort to keep my sale and I really felt like I was really unvalued. Even besides that, isnt it weird that he wouldn't try to persuade me? Strange thing is that I might have keep my order if he did. But whatever.

To give hope to some of you ridiculously long waiting gs-1 buyers, he did mention that enclosures would be in within the next week or something like that. Take that as you may.

Happy waiting and lack of communication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back