Headamp communication issues?
Apr 25, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #31 of 85
those that mentioned waiting since january or a little less for a GS-1, please raise you hands. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and i'm just checking to see, has anyone received one?

or any word?

when was the last one shipped out?

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #32 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by klb2122 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those that mentioned waiting since january or a little less for a GS-1, please raise you hands. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and i'm just checking to see, has anyone received one?

or any word?

when was the last one shipped out?

I have been waiting since early november... so I guess the backlog is quite big. But (as enjoiflobees also mentioned) I recently got a message from Justin that the enclosures shoul be in shortly. So I am hoping the wait will not be too long now.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #33 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoiflobees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was weird, when I told him that I was going to cancel my order, he didn't care. There was no effort to keep my sale...

That's not a good omen. Perhaps keeping up with Pico has burned him out. If anyone hears news @ CanJam about the backorders across the product line please post a note to let us know.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #34 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoiflobees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was weird, when I told him that I was going to cancel my order, he didn't care. There was no effort to keep my sale and I really felt like I was really unvalued. Even besides that, isnt it weird that he wouldn't try to persuade me? Strange thing is that I might have keep my order if he did. But whatever.

Justin isn't really the "salesman" type and tends to let his products speak for themselves. He's not the kind of person who's going to take extra time on a phone call to give you a sales pitch. If you tell him you want something, he'll deliver it; if you say you don't want something, he'll simply forget about it, that's his style. So your feeling of being unvalued was not intentional on his part.

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #35 of 85
Well, I've been waiting since August for my GS-1. In fairness to Justin, back in January he did offer me a refund as he had no definite answer at the time as to when he would be getting the enclosures. Since the GS-1 is the only amp that meets my needs, I told him to hold onto my order. This is getting ridiculous though.

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #36 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I've been waiting since August for my GS-1. In fairness to Justin, back in January he did offer me a refund as he had no definite answer at the time as to when he would be getting the enclosures. Since the GS-1 is the only amp that meets my needs, I told him to hold onto my order. This is getting ridiculous though.

I've confirmed that the enclosure parts for all the GS-1s and some GS-Xs are shipping today

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Apr 25, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #37 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've confirmed that the enclosure parts for all the GS-1s and some GS-Xs are shipping today

Yay, great news!!!!! If we're not in the group covered by this shipment of some of the GS-X cases, can you tell us at this point when the rest will arrive? I'd like to know the anticipated/worst case situation.

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #39 of 85
The best news I have had all week! Yippie!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

May 10, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #43 of 85
If I'm not mistaken, then that means one GS-1 in silver is almost done and ready to be ordered by someone. Whoever wants it, to the HeadAmp.com order page, quick!
tongue.gif
I'm the one who ordered it but very recently canceled and asked that my payment be applied to something else...
wink.gif

May 10, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #44 of 85
Wow, a lot of new comer, low post, complainers....

... and for those of you who have been around here a while, you guys know Justin's deal.... so chill out
biggrin.gif
, He can't ship until he has all the parts and cases. You know it's worth the wait or you wouldn't have ordered it !!

Since most of Justin's satisfied customers are probably listening to music, I'll try to balance this thread with my own experience.

Communication with Justin was very pleasant. He was responsive to my e-mails, we had a short discourse and I got my GS-1 with in one week of ordering it.... this was, of course, right before the world class Pico arrived on the scene and the subsequent outbreak of Picomania that occured after people heard it.

I don't have a Pico yet, but my 650s and I spent some time with one at one of the NY meets... I found it to be an amazingly small, hand crafted DAC-Amp that sounds like it doesn't have a clue how small it is...
eek.gif

Here are some pics I took at that meet
smily_headphones1.gif

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Every laptop should have one...
biggrin.gif

orig.jpg

it replaces all this.....
eek.gif

orig.jpg