Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #3,376 of 9,882
It's funny to look back on how many Head-Fi members awaiting delivery of their BHSE's just about this time last year (including myself) have all but vanished from this thread once they received their units.

"I've got nothing to say but it's OK."

Back to some listening!

May 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #3,377 of 9,882
Quote:
It's funny to look back on how many Head-Fi members awaiting delivery of their BHSE's just about this time last year (including myself) have all but vanished from this thread once they received their units.

"I've got nothing to say but it's OK."

Back to some listening!

If all that received their order of the BHSE kept writing about what they thought about that amp, they'd probably be ridiculed for doing such a thing. Aswell as Head-fi, I also repeatedly wrote my thoughts of the BHSE on a different forum, and in a sort time I got just that.

May 18, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #3,378 of 9,882
Quote:

If all that received their order of the BHSE kept writing about what they thought about that amp, they'd probably be ridiculed for doing such a thing. Aswell as Head-fi, I also repeatedly wrote my thoughts of the BHSE on a different forum, and in a sort time I got just that.

The biggest problem of owning the BHSE + Stax SR009/SR007 is that you spend lot more time listening than posting about it.  To many the BHSE+SR009/007 is an endgame rig.

May 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3,379 of 9,882
Quote:

You should have reported them to the Moderator.

May 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #3,381 of 9,882
This wasn't on head-fi, where it was is supposed to be a norm, but I was unaware of that. I couldn't care less what others write about my thoughts on gear, but someone questioned whether I was from the county I was born and bred, that was very annoying. 

May 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #3,383 of 9,882
Quote:
This wasn't on head-fi, where it was is supposed to be a norm, but I was unaware of that. I couldn't care less what others write about my thoughts on gear, but someone questioned whether I was from the county I was born and bred, that was very annoying. 

When you said "different forum" I was pretty sure you didn't mean head-fi. If that's suppose to be the norm then they should have told you when you joined. I saw something similar quite awhile ago but didn't join because most of it was technical and I didn't think I would have anything worth while to say or appreciated. At least here you can say what you want without anyone being too rude, but some rudeness makes the threads all that much more interesting. Anyway, hope you're enjoying your BHSE this weekend!

May 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #3,384 of 9,882
I am not aware of any other headphone forum where people are sometime rude, you must have misread :). Yes, well, I know it has happened to me before and, deserved or not, nobody's asking anyone to post/participate so eventually this is one's responsibilty to take and lesson to learn...

May 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #3,385 of 9,882
As I've said, it wasn't on head-fi, and where it was, at first I wasn't aware all users could write whatever they wanted about anyone. Yes I did repeatedly write my thoughts about the BHSE, but it was only on the BHSE thread. All that was written about me apart from one, didn't bother me one bit, but that one did.
Here on head-fi,  I'm also not bothered about criticism on my thoughts of audio equipment, but please don't question where I'm from.

I am getting a lot of pleasure from my BHSE / 009, but I'm also enjoying my GS-Xmk2 / HD-600. 

May 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #3,386 of 9,882
^ This.
Everyone has an opinion, but not all opinions need to be expressed.
And opinions from those who don't know what they're talking about is worth nothing, and should be treated as nothing.

May 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #3,387 of 9,882
The biggest problem of owning the BHSE + Stax SR009/SR007 is that you spend lot more time listening than posting about it.  To many the BHSE+SR009/007 is an endgame rig.

+1

As i sit listening to my bhse/009 combo, smiling :)

(Back to Wembley 1990)

May 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #3,388 of 9,882
Quote:
^ This.
Everyone has an opinion, but not all opinions need to be expressed.
And opinions from those who don't know what they're talking about is worth nothing, and should be treated as nothing.

Written by someone who has a source made of “tomatoes” and amps made of “recycled beer cans,” this “opinion” has surely to be taken, if not as nothing, at least with a grain of salt!

May 20, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #3,390 of 9,882
I plan to run balanced out of my preamp to the expected BHSE, I can get all my hifi sources that way. My speaker amps are SE and use the RCA jacks. I also plan to use the RCA jacks on the BHSE to receive SE input from my computer for when my family does not need it loud. My hifi system has a separate single purpose PC to play audio. I may run the RCA jacks from my DAC directly to the last input on the BHSE, but only if I think the preamp bit does not work out well.

Balanced cables have the potential to carry signals for longer distances with less interference than unbalanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back