Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #3,361 of 9,902
Quote:

I'm very interested in these too! Was thinking of picking a quad up for my Electra and forthcoming BHSE.

Apparently Psvane has a 6CA7 option as well.

[size=medium]Tube rolling with the BHSE is pretty subtle. Some might think changing tubes is worthwhile, other’s won’t. Still waiting for Justin to post his impressions of what he thinks about the 6CA7-Z Shuguang Treasures. The Psvane 6CA7-TII are supposed to an improvement from the Treasures. I’ve yet to see any reviews comparing the two. If I had to replace my Treasures I’d probably go with Psvane.[/size]

[size=medium]Some earlier impressions in this thread suggest the metal based Philips sound the best – but they are very expensive. I’m hoping the EL34PH might just be different enough from the 6CA7-Z that it’d be worth comparing them. I know I shouldn’t have, but I ended up ordering a quad anyway. I doubt I’m going to hear much difference (if any), but couldn’t resist.[/size]

[size=medium]Shipping date for the EL34PH has been moved to May 20, so it’s probably going to be sometime in June before any impressions are going to be posted. I think I read they need between 30-100 hours of break-in.[/size]

[size=medium]My predication will be it won’t matter if it’s the 6CA7-Z, 6CA7-TII, or EL34PH, they’ll all sound the same in the BHSE. Obviously, the Electra could be a whole different experience.[/size]

May 17, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #3,370 of 9,902
Unloading..

Kinda exciting knowing my silver faceplate is in one of those boxes.

On another line of thought, I wonder how long Justin will take off after finishing this mammoth load of BHSE amplifiers? I'm sure he is pleased with the success of this product, but the stress of the logistics of building all these "custom" amplifiers has to be taking a toll. How long will he need to be downing Coronas at the beach to sleep at night without dreaming of some parts that just never seem to arrive? Or to have his email/PM not overflow every day.

May 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #3,372 of 9,902
Quote:

On another line of thought, I wonder how long Justin will take off after finishing this mammoth load of BHSE amplifiers? I'm sure he is pleased with the success of this product, but the stress of the logistics of building all these "custom" amplifiers has to be taking a toll. How long will he need to be downing Coronas at the beach to sleep at night without dreaming of some parts that just never seem to arrive? Or to have his email/PM not overflow every day.

those are the powdercoated parts, which is everything for the enclosures except the front panels.  those i still do not have.  i was set back 3 months because i wasnt satisfied with the quality of aluminum the machine shop was using for them.  this led to research and custom ordering a special aluminum, which is supposed to arrive 5/21.  then the faceplates get machined, then polished, then anodized, and then i get them back and can laser engrave them and put them on the enclosures which at that point will be assembled and waiting for the front panels.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 17, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #3,373 of 9,902
Quote:

Don't worry about him, he's part robot.

May 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #3,374 of 9,902
Quote:

those are the powdercoated parts, which is everything for the enclosures except the front panels.  those i still do not have.  i was set back 3 months because i wasnt satisfied with the quality of aluminum the machine shop was using for them.  this led to research and custom ordering a special aluminum, which is supposed to arrive 5/21.  then the faceplates get machined, then polished, then anodized, and then i get them back and can laser engrave them and put them on the enclosures which at that point will be assembled and waiting for the front panels.

Ah - just the generic powerdercoated parts - but still...  I remember the part about the failed aluminum experiment for the front plates, and good to know things are moving along, hitches aside.

May 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #3,375 of 9,902
Amen! This thread must contain the richest bunch of shut-ins with too much time on their hands in all of Head-Fidom ....

I'm going to stomp on a kitten each time someone asks where they are in the queue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back