Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #3,406 of 9,902
^ 30-40 years ago I used to purchase steel sheets and bars, this was strictly the cheap stuff -- HRPO.  At one time they were called 'auto body seconds'.  An old timer showed me some leftovers of the same steel from a shipment received 30 years before that. . . . the old stuff looked like high grade cold rolled steel in comparison.   Your experience with the aluminum is all a sign of the times . . . I doubt  recycled beer cans help much . . . Did you get this batch from that guy in Reykjavik ?   lol . . .

May 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #3,407 of 9,902
I watched a shipyard in China rip out miles of brand new high pressure steam pipe because the steel certificates were suspect.  A costly bit of re-work.

We struggle with material quality more and more now and have to watch everything closely.  Cast iron is another one that has caused us endless headaches with really bad stuff coming out of Mexico too.

May 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #3,408 of 9,902
This reminds me of the says when Japanese tools were what Taiwanese/Chinese tools are today.

Things have and will change, but other countries will always take their place.

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #3,409 of 9,902
Psvane EL34PH is knocking the crap out of the Shuguang 6CA7-Z. It's not even close. Better everything, not more, just way better. What a perfect match for the BHSE. Hoping someone else will take the plunge to give they're opinion. The changes weren't suppose to be this noticeable.

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #3,410 of 9,902
Quote:
Psvane EL34PH is knocking the crap out of the Shuguang 6CA7-Z. It's not even close. Better everything, not more, just way better. What a perfect match for the BHSE. Hoping someone else will take the plunge to give they're opinion. The changes weren't suppose to be this noticeable.

Is this for SR009 or SR007?

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #3,415 of 9,902
Quote:
What tubes does the BHSE come with as standard (when they're shipped by Justin to the customer)?

Standard should be the re-issued Mullard EL34s.  

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #3,416 of 9,902
Quote:

Where?  Do you have links?

EDIT:  Whatever happened to Justin evaluating the Shuguang 6CA7-Z  . . .
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #3,418 of 9,902
Quote:

confused_face(1).gif

I think he likes it.  He recommended the Shuguang 6CA7-Z for my SR009+BHSE setup.

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #3,419 of 9,902
Whoa!  I didn't realize it was an ultimate fight caged death-match.  So this is your rig and you are hearing vast improvement in SQ over Shuguang Treasures on the BHSE is what you're say'n?   I thought you were talking about other listeners, or other amps or something . . .

Quote:
Right there, the Shuguang got knocked out.

Quote:

confused_face(1).gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3,420 of 9,902
Quote:
Whoa!  I didn't realize it was an ultimate fight caged death-match.  So this is your rig and you are hearing vast improvement in SQ over Shuguang Treasures on the BHSE is what you're say'n?   I thought you were talking about other listeners, or other amps or something . . .

confused_face(1).gif

I believe I remember it more like he was evaluating them as possible upgrades to order.  I might be wrong.  Perhaps he was just experimenting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back