Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jun 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #3,422 of 9,902
Unless someone asks, this will be my last comment regarding the EL34PH. I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm trolling...

I'll go out on a limb here and say it wouldn't surprise me if the EL34PH receives some type of Audio award this year.

The only analogy I can think of, is that all the tubes I've tried before was like putting regular gas in a high performance engine, when it should have been using supreme gas (high octane). If anyone has done this, they'll know what I talking about.

The synergy with the BHSE is at the highest level you could imagine.

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #3,424 of 9,902
Quote:
Unless someone asks, this will be my last comment regarding the EL34PH. I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm trolling...

I'll go out on a limb here and say it wouldn't surprise me if the EL34PH receives some type of Audio award this year.

The only analogy I can think of, is that all the tubes I've tried before was like putting regular gas in a high performance engine, when it should have been using supreme gas (high octane). If anyone has done this, they'll know what I talking about.

The synergy with the BHSE is at the highest level you could imagine.

Don't worry about it much.  The EL34PH is significantly cheaper than the NOS Mullard EL34 metal base.  $400 isn't too bad compared to $1200 on the NOS EL34.

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #3,430 of 9,902
I'd imagine that it is because the amp has the potential to benefit from excellent tubes that there is a significant difference. 

Now to get a set before you lot clean them out of stock...

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #3,433 of 9,902
Quote:
I think what he means is not everyone is buying into the hype (including himself). Pretending to be someone you are not (referenced towards social media dating sites - basically a made up person).

Thank you for that.
I wasn't thinking of getting them so much because of the hype, it's just that I like the look of them, and I'd like the look of them even more if the base metal was silver coloured.
All the Audio equipment I have wasn't got only for the SQ, I also really liked the look of it.

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #3,434 of 9,902
Quote:
My order went in today. So expect a second opinion in a couple of weeks or so. Cost was $367 from a Hong Kong seller on ebay, so somewhat less than the figure I last quoted :xf_eek:)

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to your impressions. Great price on those. I paid the standard $400 + $25 for customs/duty/broker fees/etc.

Before posting anything, I compared them to the Mullard re-issued, SED Winged 'C', RFT's, and Shuguang, Also used 2 different DAC types (MSB R2R and Oppo ES9018). Still didn't make a difference what I heard. Basically, the only difference should be your 007 vs. 009.

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #3,435 of 9,902
So far, BHSEs used ordinary Mullard EL34 (6CA7) as standard. A few weeks ago, Justin wrote he would test the Shugung Treasure tubes and offer them as a pay option if they're better than the Mullards. Now it seems that Justin sould also test the Psvane top-end EL34s... Any idea about this, Justin? Best regards to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back