Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Sep 10, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #2,476 of 9,899
Quote:
I agree, the BHSE magic doesn't come alive until at least an hour or so, but when it does, it's totally awesome. The GS-X is indeed a great instant-listen amp and very complementary.

Thanks for that Asr regarding the GS-X. At the moment I've two headphone amps both were done by Justin, BHSE + Pico Slim, I've also got on order the Aristaeus + GS-X. The reason why I've decided to get my amps from Justin is because not only do they sound brilliant [ well the BHSE + Pico Slim do ] but the build quality is on par with my K-01. I'm also pleased to know he's started doing a small selection of headphones which hopefully he'll expand.

P.S. Sorry to hear about you losing your job.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #2,477 of 9,899
Asr, sorry to hear about the job loss, hope you rebound shortly!

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #2,478 of 9,899
Can't believe no one else snapped this up...so...ME. Probably the only way I'd end up owning one. :D

Live a happy and healthy life...and then leave me your BHSE. 
evil_smiley.gif

Shame to hear about the job loss, but it's good to see where your priorities lie. :wink:

Quote:
 Anyone want me to leave it to them in my will?
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #2,479 of 9,899
Sorry to hear about your job.
Hope you can start to work again very soon.
Regards,
Erico

Quote:
I just wanted to post a new thought here about my BHSE ownership:

Today was the first time I listened to my OII/BHSE since losing my almost 8-year job recently. Rotating in my electrostatic setup reminded me of how much my job had paid for - 6 years' worth of audio gear obsession and meet attendance.
smile.gif

Not that I need to sell my OII/BHSE or anything (have plenty saved up to live without a job for a while), but after listening again today (right now as I write this, even) and in light of my current circumstances, I'm going to put a new spin on how I feel about its sound:

The OII/BHSE sounds so amazing that if I had to, it's the last thing I'd sell if I ever had to. I'd rather sell my other consumer electronics (TV, DVD player, receiver, speakers, etc), photo gear, computer gear, and everything else....and the audio gear last, but even then I still wouldn't want to. If it ever came to being a proverbial beggar in the street, I think I'd have to be an audiophile beggar!

So for those who think the OII/BHSE is outside the realm of being affordable, chew on that for a minute. If I ever had to go back to ramen to sustain the OII/BHSE experience, I totally would! The only way I'm ever getting rid of it is when I'm dead! Anyone want me to leave it to them in my will?
tongue.gif

I agree, the BHSE magic doesn't come alive until at least an hour or so, but when it does, it's totally awesome. The GS-X is indeed a great instant-listen amp and very complementary.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #2,485 of 9,899
DUDES, GUESS WHAT
biggrin.gif
Congrats!! Long wait for you. I wonder if Justin thought, "Let's make his the very last one of the very last batch :wink:!!". Jk jk!

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #2,488 of 9,899
Quote:
DUDES, GUESS WHAT
biggrin.gif

Congratulations!!

I have a good news and a bad news.....

Good news is that I have successfully tube rolling for the 1st time on BHSE. Voltage for both channel +- is just 0.01 and 0 for + to ground. It seem that the it is really not need to do that tuning.

The bad news is that I think I am cheated by the tube shop. Only 3 of 4 tube are the same. The last one is totally different......
mad.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #2,489 of 9,899
Quote:

Congratulations!!

Good news is that I have successfully tube rolling for the 1st time on BHSE. Voltage for both channel +- is just 0.01 and 0 for + to ground. It seem that the it is really not need to do that tuning.

The bad news is that I think I am cheated by the tube shop. Only 3 of 4 tube are the same. The last one is totally different......
mad.gif

So what tubes did you roll in?  Was it worth rolling the stock tubes?

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #2,490 of 9,899
Congratulations!!

The bad news is that I think I am cheated by the tube shop. Only 3 of 4 tube are the same. The last one is totally different......:mad:

Could you pm me which tube shop did you go to? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back