Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 22, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #7,576 of 9,902
  I also suggest that you try the 007 and 009 before you make a purchase. 
You may prefer the less detailed 007.

BTW, I tried to borrow both of these HP's + driver unit for them from TCC loaner program before making a purchase, but they no longer offer Stax. 
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #7,577 of 9,902
All,

I placed an order for a Blue Hawaii on December 2nd of last year 

On May 16th I got a note from Justin regarding the panel options I would like and responded during the same day

Since then I have heard nothing - despite numerous attempts to contact HeadAmp by either phone or e-mail and get a clarification as to the status of my order

Although I tried to call during normal business hours, typically no one picks the phone up - and once I got hold of Justin, he never provided me with an answer around the status of my order

In my last e-mail I asked for a shipping date or a refund - and got none

Two reasons I am posting this

a) for prospective buyers to get  a sense of what they will be dealing with and

b) for me to see if I can elicit a response from the company around when I might be able to get my amp or a refund (as everything else I tried failed)

Petros

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #7,578 of 9,902
Originally Posted by digitalnomad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

b) for me to see if I can elicit a response from the company around when I might be able to get my amp or a refund (as everything else I tried failed)

Petros

Petros.
If you read just the past month of this thread you will find that:

a) your situation is not out of the ordinary, and most here know what they are dealing with.

b) Justin is finishing the last batch of the BHSE and all pending orders will be fulfilled in this batch in the order received.

Cheers!

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #7,580 of 9,902
guys, I want to hop on the next batch of BHSE(the itch is unbearable) but don't have an electrostatic headphone yet, funds would allow for a BHSE with an SR-207 and maybe a 307 if I sell my current rig(heard that the 207-507 have the same transducers), would this be a good replacement for my he-500 until I can go for the 007 or 009(after two or three years at most).
ie. do these two entry-level Stax offerings sound significantly better than what their reviewers say they do if rigged to the BHSE instead of their comparatively entry level stax amps ?
would appreciate a reply too from anyone who tried relatively cheap electrostats through the BHSE and compared them to how they performed on their previous amp.

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #7,581 of 9,902
  All,
I placed an order for a Blue Hawaii on December 2nd of last year 
On May 16th I got a note from Justin regarding the panel options I would like and responded during the same day
Since then I have heard nothing - despite numerous attempts to contact HeadAmp by either phone or e-mail and get a clarification as to the status of my order
Although I tried to call during normal business hours, typically no one picks the phone up - and once I got hold of Justin, he never provided me with an answer around the status of my order
In my last e-mail I asked for a shipping date or a refund - and got none
Petros

JUSTIN…WHERE'S MY BHSE…I'VE BEEN WAITING 2-WEEKS NOW! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #7,582 of 9,902
@shayson1357 - Last I knew there may be a few BHSE's left in this batch, especially if @digitalnomad cancels his order...
blink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/7530#post_11989982
  guys, I want to hop on the next batch of BHSE(the itch is unbearable) but don't have an electrostatic headphone yet, funds would allow for a BHSE with an SR-207 and maybe a 307 if I sell my current rig(heard that the 207-507 have the same transducers), would this be a good replacement for my he-500 until I can go for the 007 or 009(after two or three years at most).
ie. do these two entry-level Stax offerings sound significantly better than what their reviewers say they do if rigged to the BHSE instead of their comparatively entry level stax amps ?
would appreciate a reply too from anyone who tried relatively cheap electrostats through the BHSE and compared them to how they performed on their previous amp.

Deep breaths, and counting to 1 million help
wink_face.gif
....patience guys, patience, they are on the home stretch...only another few months.
biggrin.gif

JUSTIN…WHERE'S MY BHSE…I'VE BEEN WAITING 2-WEEKS NOW! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #7,584 of 9,902
It's the same radio silence when it comes to servicing so hopefully your bhse arrives and stays healthy otherwise...

I suspect my bhse will stay dead cold for another few months, I am glad I still have the 727 around (but itching to get the mod done as it certainly is no BHSE in the SQ department...).

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #7,585 of 9,902
You see, I went into this already knowing when my BHSE will arrive…when it gets here!
I just put my SR-009 (which I received this afternoon) in the closet so I don't have to hear them complaining.

That's the best way to view it. I had the same attitude when I ordered my GSX-mk2 - that it would get there when it got there. It took a year but was well worth the wait and has ended my search for solid state amplification.

Headamp makes great gear, but if someone is into instant gratification or expects constant updates and hard delivery dates, it's probably not going to be the right purchase.

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #7,586 of 9,902
That's the best way to view it. I had the same attitude when I ordered my GSX-mk2 - that it would get there when it got there. It took a year but was well worth the wait and has ended my search for solid state amplification.
Headamp makes great gear, but if someone is into instant gratification or expects constant updates and hard delivery dates, it's probably not going to be the right purchase.

+1
Thats right, there is no other way to look at it, theres nothing you can do anyway, so why complain?
Besides, the wait keeps me in suspense to hear my new combo. Otherwise I have more than enough combos to listen to.
I feel the same about my GS-1 w/DACT/Dynalo+ modules…great amp and also ended my search for a SS amp.
beerchug.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #7,587 of 9,902
It's the same radio silence when it comes to servicing so hopefully your bhse arrives and stays healthy otherwise...

I suspect my bhse will stay dead cold for another few months, I am glad I still have the 727 around (but itching to get the mod done as it certainly is no BHSE in the SQ department...).

frown.gif
 I feel you pain.  Hopefully, Justin will take care of you soon.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #7,588 of 9,902
  +1
Thats right, there is no other way to look at it, theres nothing you can do anyway, so why complain?
Besides, the wait keeps me in suspense to hear my new combo. Otherwise I have more than enough combos to listen to.
I feel the same about my GS-1 w/DACT/Dynalo+ modules…great amp and also ended my search for a SS amp.
beerchug.gif

Well here I am sticking my foot right in my mouth!
I couldn't hold out…I purchased a KGSSHV to hear my SR-009 until my BHSE arrives.
Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back